Poles on TM batt 1 instead of cranker

Even though I believe that this should be fine ... Does anyone have a reason it wouldn’t be ok to power my PP pumps from the first TM battery (+ side of the 36v cluster )? It would be a way cleaner install in my case.

Thanks

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    We suggest going to the cranking battery, like to have no other amp draw off the trolling motor batteries. however you can go to whatever battery you like.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    No issue with this other than the need to add an extra battery ON/OFF switch to kill power when not in use or when charging batteries.

It may also be possible to get a low voltage signal on the pump or no operation towards the end of a day with extended use on your trolling motor battery.

The at rest power draw (anchored or stowed) of a dual pump set up is less than 21mA.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerPoleTech View Post

It may also be possible to get a low voltage signal on the pump or no operation towards the end of a day with extended use on your trolling motor battery.
    This is why we suggest to our customers to go to the cranking battery.

5. Member
    Thanks for the info. I appreciate the responses. I have a cut off on the TM batts, and I am not worried about them running low. This will work much better for my build.

I have been running a pair of blades on a pair of Tm (36v) batteries, one each and you should randomly switch the the third battery and such just to wear them evenly over time. Been 2 full years and zero issues
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Member
    I'm intrigued by this idea. I'd much rather put them one each on each of the TM batteries. With everything else I have my cranking seems to lose charge much quicker the the TM.

What concerns should I be having? Damage?

8. Member
    I would be concerned about low voltage and possibly emi messing with the pump electronics

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    This is why we suggest to our customers to go to the cranking battery.
    I agree...it's standard in the marine industry that everything is hooked to the cranking battery and only the trolling motor on trolling motor batteries.

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I agree...it's standard in the marine industry that everything is hooked to the cranking battery and only the trolling motor on trolling motor batteries.
    This