Question XNT 9 HW T Dual Spectrum with Helix 10 MEGA SI G2N (CHIRP Frequencies?)

I added the new XNT 9 HW T Dual Spectrum CHIRP transducer to my existing Helix 10 MEGA SI GPS G2N setup to increase my 2D sonar performance and based on the compatibility guide it should work (it does work but I don't get the 'Full / Narrow / Wide' CHIRP selections)

Here's my setup:

Helix 10 SI MEGA SI GPS G2N - ver 1.900
    (2) XM 9 20 MSI T - MEGA Side Imaging Transducers (left and right)
    9 M SILR Y - Side Imaging L/R Splitter Cable
    9 M SIDB Y - Side Imaging / Dual Beam Splitter Cable

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

If you want Dual Spectrum CHIRP, you have to do without SI. You can have Sonar only or Sonar/DI.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Bummer and thanks for the information as usual Wayne - I have another Helix 10 Sonar GPS next to the SI unit at the console that I use for mapping mostly, maybe I can select the XNT 9 HW T transducer for that unit in the transducer menu and get the wider CHIRP frequencies ... more testing

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zip308 View Post
    Bummer and thanks for the information as usual Wayne - I have another Helix 10 Sonar GPS next to the SI unit at the console that I use for mapping mostly, maybe I can select the XNT 9 HW T transducer for that unit in the transducer menu and get the wider CHIRP frequencies ... more testing
    Might have worked if you would have bought a Helix Mega DI instead of the Helix Sonar GPS as your 2D unit.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zip308 View Post
    I connected an XNT 9 HW T to my Helix 10 GPS and selected the HW CHIRP transducer, then attempted to use 2D from the GPS unit on the network while using the SI/DI from my Helix 10 SI unit.
    No joy.
    The 2D works fine but then DI & left SI glitches out with sharp pulse looking returns (I call it machine gunning.)

I'll post a picture if you want.

Cheers,
    Scott
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tweakjr View Post
    I connected an XNT 9 HW T to my Helix 10 GPS and selected the HW CHIRP transducer, then attempted to use 2D from the GPS unit on the network while using the SI/DI from my Helix 10 SI unit.
    No joy.
    The 2D works fine but then DI & left SI glitches out with sharp pulse looking returns (I call it machine gunning.)

Cheers,
    Scott

sure a picture would be great, we are looking at 45 degrees and rain for the next few days here in MN, might be a little bit until I can get back on the water.

7. Member

The left SI does the same as the DI after a few minutes or scrolling through views once or twice.
    I didn't have much time to mess with it as we wanted to get into fishing.

Later in the trip I used just the 2D and it looked pretty nice, this was after my RH SI went out (again)

Here's a fish return on the 2D HW

Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

8. Member
    thanks much

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tweakjr View Post
    No joy.

Cheers,
    Scott
    I had exactly the same experience, except in my configuration I connected the XNT 9 HW T to a Helix 7 MDI G3N and shared across the network to 2 Helix G2N MSI/DI units. Left side SI becomes very dark and DI is unusable. I have been communicating with HB for the last week, no progress yet.

Scott(2)

10. Member
    Did you find any answers

11. Member
    As of now there is no way to make this work according Humminbird (and my experience ) short of upgrading the main unit to a G3N MSI unit if you want to maintain SI and DI.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoomfast View Post
    As of now there is no way to make this work according Humminbird (and my experience ) short of upgrading the main unit to a G3N MSI unit if you want to maintain SI and DI.
    What he said, real shame on the part of Humminbird, seems like they could make the mega+ transducer work on the g2n units, at least the lowQ part. I understand the mega+ requires more power that the g2n units do not have but power is not the issue with the lowQ part, just HB not making it an option.

13. Member
    Surprised that HB couldn’t make HW 2D to work with XM 9 20 MSI T for G2 units.

Not sure if this combination works for G2.5N Helix.

Wayne, any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    What he said, real shame on the part of Humminbird, seems like they could make the mega+ transducer work on the g2n units, at least the lowQ part. I understand the mega+ requires more power that the g2n units do not have but power is not the issue with the lowQ part, just HB not making it an option.
    Last edited by BassTracker175; 05-08-2020 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BassTracker175 View Post
    Surprised that HB couldn’t make HW 2D to work with XM 9 20 MSI T for G2 units.

Not sure if this combination works for G2.5N Helix.

Wayne, any thoughts?

www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1022195
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL