Old vs new Renegade/raker question

How long ago did they change Renegade and Rakers so they quit needing a thrust washer?

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    The still need thrust washers, All props need thrust washers.

3. Member
    I publicly displayed my ignorance didnt I. I thought there was a change at some point that let you put them on other motors and madethe bad assumption it involved the thrust washer.

Thanks!

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bass.deer View Post
    I publicly displayed my ignorance didnt I. I thought there was a change at some point that let you put them on other motors and madethe bad assumption it involved the thrust washer.

Thanks!
    No you just didn't know. No harm no foul. Both the Raker and Gades have pressed in hubs. The props that use the drop in hubs still need a thrust washer.

Quote Originally Posted by bass.deer View Post
    I thought there was a change at some point that let you put them on other motors
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    No you just didn't know. No harm no foul. Both the Raker and Gades have pressed in hubs. The props that use the drop in hubs still need a thrust washer.

All of the above is correct but I would add something. A Raker II that uses a TBX hub or a new style Renegade that has a TBX hub can be ran on a motor other than a Evinrude with a proper hub and hardware. An older style Renegade or an older style original Raker with a pressed in hub will only fit an Evinrude/Johnson. I think the OP's confusion comes into play because it really depends on the exact prop and hardware in question. I have three Raker props. I can put my Raker II on a Mercury with the appropriate hub and hardware but my Raker can only be used on my Evinrude. Hence the easy reason why some people get confused.

6. Member
    Thats what lead to my confusion, I knew the hub had changed so the new ones coculd be put on other engines but didnt understand the change.

Thanks