Mega Down Ultrex

Will the new Mega Down Imaging Ultrex transducer run my standard DI on a Helix 10 Gen1?

No, not fully. The MEGA DI transducer is tuned to HW CHIRP which is 140-240 kHz and it does 455/800/1200 kHz Down Imaging.

Your unit does not have CHIRP and does 200/455 kHz 2D by default and has 455/800 kHz Down Imaging.

You cannot make your unit a MEGA DI unit by connecting a MEGA DI transducer to it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Banned
    Wayne I think he is asking if it will display DI in 400 or 800. The answer is yes, right?

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Wayne I think he is asking if it will display DI in 400 or 800. The answer is yes, right?
    455 DI and 800 DI yes, BUT there are the other inconvenient details that matter.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    455 DI and 800 DI yes, BUT there are the other inconvenient details that matter.
    Like what? I'm in the market for an ultrex but don't know if I should get the MDI. I would be hooking up a Gen2 Helix 10 DI non-mega to the ultrex.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    No, not fully. The MEGA DI transducer is tuned to HW CHIRP which is 140-240 kHz and it does 455/800/1200 kHz Down Imaging.

Your unit does not have CHIRP and does 200/455 kHz 2D by default and has 455/800 kHz Down Imaging.

You cannot make your unit a MEGA DI unit by connecting a MEGA DI transducer to it.
    Yeah I'm not looking to run Mega on my Non-Mega unit. I'm wondering will the DI work on my unit until I can upgrade to a Mega unit.

7. Member
    It is my understanding that the simple answer, that we've been told from MinnKota, is the MDI transducer will show sonar only on a non MDI unit. You will have to have MDI or MSI unit for the MDI transducer to show down imaging.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Lunkerhunter3 View Post
    Like what? I'm in the market for an ultrex but don't know if I should get the MDI. I would be hooking up a Gen2 Helix 10 DI non-mega to the ultrex.
    Like you don't have a first generation Helix as the OP does.

This is the MDI compatibility list. Your unit is included for Dual Spectrum 2D sonar.

https://www.minnkotamotors.com/suppo...ilt-In-MEGA-DI

I have not seen an updated unit like you have, you would need a setting that gives you HW CHIRP and Down Imaging.
    If you have that no problem except the transducer will not add MEGA DI to your unit. Check your Connected Transducer choices if you have current software.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    Thank you, I'll see what my options are for the transducer select tomorrow on the water.