Simon Motorsports rebuild or Brucato replacement?

Hello, I will probably get the ECU on my Mercury 150 EFI ser OG361151 replaced or rebuilt for reliability and an attempt to fix my issues describe in my other thread.

Which would you do? the Simon is stock programming and $625-$825, the Brucato is modern programming claiming better perf and ~20% better fuel economy $1,350

any experience with these choices?

Thanks!

I have not dealt with Simmons so I cannot say to them. I am currently running a Brucato on my Merc 200 efi 2.5l and it is really strong. Hole shot is better along with idle and mid range being much better. Top end is about the same but overall I am pleased with the upgrade. Good Luck

3. Member
    Well I went with Simon based on reviews and my techs recommendation.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I've had good results with their ECU Repairs.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Ok, Simon rebuilt and shipped back as promised. I will continue motor issues on original thread.