Welp it hapened to me

While driving down the freeway, both my 10' PPs deployed. Im not sure what happened. I must have hit the remote switch or something. My spikes got about 2.5" (maybe a little more) ground off. I called PP today and I have two new spikes enroute to me free of charge no questions asked... You can not get better than that.

Lesson learned... turn off he battery disconnect switch

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Good to hear they took care of that for ya good service for sure. I had purchased a bad Berkley weigh in bag and the first time it was used it blew out at the seems and the handles ripped off well after many emails and pictures they sent me 2 new ones lol not sure if that’s good or bad but got an extra i guess.

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    While driving down the freeway, both my 10' PPs deployed. Im not sure what happened. I must have hit the remote switch or something. My spikes got about 2.5" (maybe a little more) ground off. I called PP today and I have two new spikes enroute to me free of charge no questions asked... You can not get better than that.

Lesson learned... turn off he battery disconnect switch
    yes sir we hear about it alot why we recommend customers install and USE that battery disconnect lol..

4. Member
    In addition to the battery cut off switch I purchased two Velcro straps from Home Depot and wrap them a the poles every time.
    2019 Phoenix 819, 200 HP Mercury Pro Xs.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by scream_n_chicken View Post
    In addition to the battery cut off switch I purchased two Velcro straps from Home Depot and wrap them a the poles every time.
    travel covers work well too

Id prolly forget about the Velcro straps and get ticked off when they don't deploy

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Id prolly forget about the Velcro straps and get ticked off when they don't deploy
    why i like the covers as can always tell there on, cant miss them

I just ordered a custom set of covers from rod warriors

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I just ordered a custom set of covers from rod warriors
    great that will take care of that problem if you forget the switch, no more nubs

10. mikesxpress
    Pole retention and stopping road harmonics (vibration) that wears out the bushings can be resolved easily with a set of ratchet straps.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=967668

I replaced my bushing 2 years ago on my 10'ers. They need replacing again. What size strap did you use mike?

12. mikesxpress
    Tim I went on Ebay and got Stainless steel ratchet straps 1" wide. They stop the road harmonics and secure the poles. Easy on/off. I'm sure those 10 footers really get shaking. I did my study with the Go Pro and once the mounting brackets start vibrating it transmits up the poles making it more violent. I restrain mine as shown in the picture and get 2 clicks on the strap after it tightens up. That puts the brackets under pressure and stops the road harmonics.

My covers came in. They turned out nice IMO...

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    look great

I have had mine deploy while running down the lake. Always cut off the batts after putting it on the trailer... well almost always
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I had a 3700 box sliding back in a compartment would hit the down button every time I went to get on plane bow would rise up box would slide down and hit down button took me a little bit to figure that one out. had to use cutoff to cut power and not use them for rest of day, till later on I seen remote in there.. Let me tell you when they deploy and your getting on plane or running down the lake you know it..

17. Member
    This is the customer service I like reading about.