Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    LOVE THE FUEGO
    Agree, the PQ is an excellent reel, even better when on sale.

2. Member
    Fuego on ebay for $70. I have several.

2018 Ranger z520L
    2020 250 Pro XS
    2B694324

Revo x

4. Member
    Revo X. I have a few and I can grab them at any time and feel like I have 250 dollar reel in my hand.

Revo X http://tackletour.com/reviewaburevo4X.html
    or
    Lew’s LFS http://tackletour.com/reviewlewssslfs.html
    My son fishes with both, and they’re both really good reels for the price. But, I would give the nod to the Revo X.
    Contact Sportman’s Outiftters on here. They’ll give you a good deal on either + a BBC discount. I bought an X for my son at Christmas for under $80.00
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

6. Member
    Revo X is a great reel, especially at $100.

cant go wrong with either the Fuego or Revo

2009 ELITE 210

8. Member
    I believe I would give my consideration to the type of brakes the reel has rather than reel brand. You state that your son uses a Revo S. the Revo S has mechanical brakes and mechanical brakes have the most effect at the beginning of the cast. Magnetic brakes have the greater effect at the end of the cast. A dual brake system reel will give him the advantage through out the cast. Best of both worlds. Three moderately priced reels with dual breaking systems are Bass Pro Shops Pro Qualifer 2 @$100/ Carbonlite 2.0 @ $120 and Lew's Tournament MB@ $139. Tourney MB and Carbonlite are the exact same reel other than one is white and one is black. For old men such as myself and maybe a ten year old the 1/2oz lighter Carbonlite might be worth the extra $20.

9. Member
    I have 4 revo X’s, 3 revo S’s and 1 revo SX all fourth gen. I love my SX and X’s, very similar in performance. I would trade all of my S models for X’s in a heartbeat!
    2019 Ranger Z520L
    Evinrude ETEC 250 H.O. G2

Lews...

11. Member
    We've recently purchased both the Fuego and the Phantom. Both are nice but I can tell first hand the Phantom will outcast the Fuego and is backlash proof unless you really do something silly. Fuego is nice don't get me wrong. Another one to give some thought to is Abu ProMax. To me bait casters are like wine, you can really tell a cheap one but at a certain price point your just making yourself feel better. We don't tournament fish and I'm sure there IS a difference that we will never notice.

The extra cash goes toward plastic(s)

12. Member
    Original Tatula or Tatula CT can be found on ebay, new, for under $100.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

13. Member
    The Shimano SLX is on sale at Sportsman Warehouse for 79.99. I just bought one to try!

https://www.sportsmans.com/fishing-g...-reel/p/p60417

14. Member
    I love my Revo’s. Great reels for the price.

15. Banned
    Fuego first, than either the SLX or Revo second. They are honestly about equal performance wise, but it has been my experience that Daiwa reels are the toughest (last the longest and take the most abuse) of those listed.
    Last edited by sabby; 05-20-2019 at 01:14 PM.

If you buy a decent reel, and he takes care of it. he will have for a long time. of your choices Feugo, it is supposed to be a CT without the t wing.

17. Member
    We have our Revo Rockets (2), and Abu's (6 of them) and have now went with https://www.kastking.com/, We now own 9 between my 21 yr old son and myself. Cant beat the price, customer service, and for the money the reels are hard to beat. We have the Spartcus Plus (4), Assassin (2), Speed Demon (2), Alaskan spinning(1), so far after a year no complaints, and will continue to purchase more, specially now that I bought a Speed Demon left hand, and dont know why I waited 45 years (Im 52) to try a left handed baitcaster, but I love it, so my son may be getting all of my righty reels lol No matter what, the important thing is your doing this with your son. He will remember that more than anything. Best wishes to yall.

18. Member
    Wouldn't touch anything with the name starting with Abu Garcia. Daiwa or Shimano for me

19. Member
    Another vote for tatula and sportsman outfitters. I've hated every REVO I've ever owned and while I liked the lews, they did not seem to hold up over time.

20. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Lews !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast