Thread: 2000 r93

2000 r93

I just got a 2000r93 and was wondering your thoughts on this boat pro/cons-since I previously owned a champion

Thanks

2. Member
    it's narrow ahead of the front seat.

most likely you will have some hatch lids that are soft.

a 6 inch jackplate is your friend.

it runs pretty well in up to 2 foot chop, but after that it will beat you up to a point

if you have a strong motor, it will get some chine walk around 65 plus - raising the motor usually smooths it out.

I like mine - it looks like new - I've fixed the lids - it has lots of storage - it runs strong with the G2 - I've momentarily seen 70 when it's cold out - it is just as fast with just me as it is with my 260lb son with me.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

3. Member
    I had 99 r93 for ten yrs thru aren’t fast but do fish well. I put a deck extension and it made the front a lot bigger to fish from.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

I have a 2000 R91 and it’s a no frills boat. It does a good job. Add a 6 inch jack plate and a deck extension and you’ll be set.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Generator View Post
    I had 99 r93 for ten yrs thru aren’t fast but do fish well. I put a deck extension and it made the front a lot bigger to fish from.
    Actually the R boats are some of the fastest hulls Ranger has made.

6. Member
    I have one no lid issue what so ever, it’s not fancy but gets the job done, my first ranger and can’t complain. I’ve got a merc 200 and runs really well, upper 60’s
    2000 Ranger R93VS
    1999 Merc 200efi
    Humminbird 1198 & 1199
    Minn Kota Fortrex

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Have a R81 19 years old and just had my first lid issue, pretty good IMO (1 livewell lid) called Ranger parts new one on the way.. Ive heard of the soft lids guess ive been lucky. Just put a 200 HO on her ( love my boat) getting her dialed in 69.3 currently with a 4 blade, got Mark working on a 26p Raker II should be over 71 loaded. Mine will chine at 67 plus as stated (working on that). Great Boat in my opinion for the money, The deck is narrow forward of the front seat. The 91 gets a added compartment in front of the livewells on the back deck that the 81 doesnt have . If p[rice is right dont think you can go wrong, they were a fast no frills boat that did the job at a resonable entry price.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 05-17-2019 at 02:44 PM.

8. Member
    Thanks for all your feedback, boat is in great shape and has a jack plate. I will take a look at the lids but they seemed solid. It has a 200 mec on it, I plan on testing the limits this weekend

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by omykng View Post
    Thanks for all your feedback, boat is in great shape and has a jack plate. I will take a look at the lids but they seemed solid. It has a 200 mec on it, I plan on testing the limits this weekend
    good it has a jackplate as many think with the built in setback they do not need them on these boats when in reality they all need a 6 " to perform. Ranger should have never let them leave without a 6" plate IMO. They perform like a different boat with just 6" more of setback.

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    good it has a jackplate as many think with the built in setback they do not need them on these boats when in reality they all need a 6 " to perform. Ranger should have never let them leave without a 6" plate IMO. They perform like a different boat with just 6" more of setback.
    I agree with this statement. My lids are solid on my boat. I have a 200 Merc EFI on my boat and it does a good job.

11. Member
    I HAVE A 2000 R91 LOVE IT , JUST REPLACE MY LIVE WELL LIDS , SKINS ON SEATS , NEW LIVE WELL PUMPS, RANGER WORKS WELL WITH YOU , JUST GIVE THEM YOUR SERIAL NUMBER AN YOU CAN GET ANYTHING!YOU WILL LIKE THAT BOAT

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by river rat 7 View Post
    I HAVE A 2000 R91 LOVE IT , JUST REPLACE MY LIVE WELL LIDS , SKINS ON SEATS , NEW LIVE WELL PUMPS, RANGER WORKS WELL WITH YOU , JUST GIVE THEM YOUR SERIAL NUMBER AN YOU CAN GET ANYTHING!YOU WILL LIKE THAT BOAT
    They do have everything for them I will say that and there prices are more reasonable then you would think.

13. Member
    I had that boat with a 200 Rude . Loved it with the 6" jack, 4 blade Raker. Mine didn't walk GPS 71 Deck Extension , no soft lids for me . TBH, I wishI never sold that boat.

14. Member
    I had an R91 and it was a great fishing boat. Never had any issues out of it at all.

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I had that boat with a 200 Rude . Loved it with the 6" jack, 4 blade Raker. Mine didn't walk GPS 71 Deck Extension , no soft lids for me . TBH, I wishI never sold that boat.
    3 blade Raker??

I owned a 2000 R83 from 2002 to 2010, then sold it to my son who still runs it today. He did develop the lid problems, and he replaced the skins. He's also in need of new carpet and plans to swap it all out with the rubberized decking. Nice boat!!
    "Cast Everything in the Best Light Possible"