WTB P2 with a SHO

Is there a new Pantera 2 with a SHO 200hp out there anywhere? If you know of one, please let me know. Thanks.

We don't believe so, though we will run a search of inventory. There is always the order option. A Pantera II is not that long a wait if the 200 Yamaha is in stock or available. That is the main reason the P2 is short on supply with a 200 Yamaha as the engines are hard to come by.

The wide deck of the Pantera Classic has been dominating the solid performance of the Pantera II model. That has been a topic in areas of our staff and we think will be moderated some in 2020. The Pantera II model is a really good overall performing boat from fishing, dry ride, handling, fuel mileage and all.

Today’s Wide Body deck is the only downfall and anglers only use 5 square foot of deck as “work space” to fish. Watch any of the live streaming video, on the internet, of professional anglers at the trolling motor and pay particular attention to their “work space” and it will definitely give you an understanding of the true use of space. The rest is creature comfort and the Pantera II still has a solid place in the model offering.

A Sabre FTD and Margay lesser so due to the changing 18’ markets, as obviously the Margay has a similar wider deck.

BCB
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 05-17-2019 at 07:34 AM.

3. Member
    I know that Hannays in Minneapolis has a Pantera Classic with a 200 SHO thats available.

https://www.hannaysmarine.com/search...%20Cat%20Boats

4. Member
    Saw that one at the NW Sports Show. That is a beautiful boat. The Classic with a 200 Merc 4stroke or 200 SHO is right up my alley.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    We don't believe so, though we will run a search of inventory. There is always the order option. A Pantera II is not that long a wait if the 200 Yamaha is in stock or available. That is the main reason the P2 is short on supply with a 200 Yamaha as the engines are hard to come by.

The wide deck of the Pantera Classic has been dominating the solid performance of the Pantera II model. That has been a topic in areas of our staff and we think will be moderated some in 2020. The Pantera II model is a really good overall performing boat from fishing, dry ride, handling, fuel mileage and all.

Today’s Wide Body deck is the only downfall and anglers only use 5 square foot of deck as “work space” to fish. Watch any of the live streaming video, on the internet, of professional anglers at the trolling motor and pay particular attention to their “work space” and it will definitely give you an understanding of the true use of space. The rest is creature comfort and the Pantera II still has a solid place in the model offering.

A Sabre FTD and Margay lesser so due to the changing 18’ markets, as obviously the Margay has a similar wider deck.

BCB
    Rick explained the concept of "work space" to fish to me at the Knoxville Classic. I'd never really thought about it until then. My Puma is plenty wide enough for me.

6. Member
    May just take the option to order a new PII with a SHO. Pick the colors YOU want. The PII is a beast with the SHO.
    There was a PII / SHO combo for sale sometime ago, but it was used.

I personally have never understood the obsession with the wide decks. The best place to be for pitching, casting, skipping docks, or dropshot i deep water is the very front of the boat.
    A wider deck has its pro's when it comes to fishing with a Co-angler on the front deck. 90 percent of my fishing is done alone. My wife does fish with me when she can, and she does it from the back deck.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

7. Member
    I guess that I will be ordering one sometime in the future. I’m plan on fishing with a fellow BBC member who has a P2. Then I’m sure that I’ll be ordering one that week!! Haha.

8. Member
    There was a BCB PII owner with a flashed 200 SHO. (I believe it has since been sold) The acceleration was unreal. He ran it to 83 mph and that was live wells full. His best was 88 mph.
    I know BCB does not condone flashing motors, but I was impressed how smooth the boat ran, and John made it look easy. Excellent driving ability. Showed me how NOT smooth my driving is.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

I still prefer the P2 over the new classic but it does seem like folks gravitate to new and shiny things. I would be happy with the new 4 stroke 175 V6. I think mid 60’s is a good speed for a P2 and easy to drive.

10. Member
    John sold that boat, he is a buddy of mine but it would run no doubt.
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB