250 pro xs vs sport xs

Hi guys. Been checking out some Bullets and trying to do plenty of research before I take the plunge. Most of what I've read leads me to believe that with proper setup I MIGHT get 80 mph out of an XRS/Pro XS combo with a tournament load. If I'm off, please correct me because I haven't run one as of yet.

My question is, what difference would it make speed wise with the same load, but with a sport XS so I could run the prop higher? I've sold my Gambler and am leaning towards one of these badass boats out of Tennessee. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by hoss1908; 05-16-2019 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Fat fingered typo

2. BBC SPONSOR
    The XRS will need the torquemaster, i do not see it running bery well with a sporty.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    The XRS will need the torquemaster, i do not see it running bery well with a sporty.
    I have been told just the opposite but running a 300 R.

4. Member
    I'm no expert I'm running a 21ss with a 250 sport so may not have as good of info but my understanding the length and weight of the xrs I think most are running the torch master lower. I've not seen or fished out of one but I have been in several x boats in the 20' and 21'. If you decide to go with the bullet I think you will love it and on top of that there are a bunch of good folks on here that will help you out. I know I have met a bunch of them that have went out of their way to help me out. Someone will come along shortly and give you better info. My ss withers 250 on good water has seen 86 loaded with partner fuel livewells full and our gear 84 to 85 is more of the average for what its worth

5. Member
    Thanks guys!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    You have been told correct. Typically the 21-10 needs 300hp to run a sportmaster.

7. Member
    I woulnd't expect 80mph with a tournament load and 2 guys and you will definitely want the torquemaster with the 250.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    That is correct with a 300R, But not a XRS/250.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

9. Member
    Good deal, was worried about the sporty with the 300R, from what I been told the sporty is different for the new Mercuries. I rode in a XRS with the sporty, ran and handled like a dream.

You made the right choice

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    You made the right choice
    Thanks, I am sure I will have a lot of questions once I get my new 21 DCS, you guys have been very helpful, looking forward to visiting with you guys a lot in the future, thanks again.