Banned

Installing depth finder TD on an Ultrex

Looking for photos of wiring options for the transducer on a Ultrex. Do you go all the way up with a loop. See lots of photos but most ouly go half way up.

2. Member
    Go up the shaft and leave a large enough amount of slack so the motor can freely turn both ways. I’d set this slack for when the TM is at its max depth that you’ll use it at. If you set it for shallow and then try to lower it deeper you won’t have enough slack and you’ll damage the cable.

Do not run the wire down the foot control cable otherwise you may be fighting interference issues.

I also highly recommend using some split conduit as I did. Drill a few holes in the mount as shown and zip tie it down. The conduit and the zip ties make it impossible for the cable to get pinched when deploying. Any auto parts store carries it. I used 1/2” conduit.

If you have the link version, raise the motor up and route the Ethernet cable along the coils attaching with electrical tape. The US2 cable can be disconnected under the head if not in use.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    I ran mine down the foot control cables along with the link cable then used a neoprene/Velcro sleeve over them with zero interference issues.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431