Thread: 721 Storage

721 Storage

What size storage containers for soft plastics are y'all putting in the front big compartment of a 721? I know somebody posted an amazon link before, also what size bait trays are ya'll using?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Customsilverado; 05-16-2019 at 02:16 PM.
    2019 721 ProXP 250 Mercury Pro XS 4 Stroke

2. Member
    I'm pretty sure the compartments are the same as my 920. Any 3700 series size will fit in the middle. I have a mix of bass mafia, plano, and flambeau boxes in there.
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick D View Post
    I'm pretty sure the compartments are the same as my 920. Any 3700 series size will fit in the middle. I have a mix of bass mafia, plano, and flambeau boxes in there.
    Thanks!
    I am looking for ideas on containers for soft plastics that are left in the pack too

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I would try and only keep lighter stuff in that front box if speed is a concern, the very front is much more weight sensitive
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Member
    I use the deep 3700 plano boxes (with no dividers) for plastics. I keep them in the packs also. I have the majority of them stored in the compartments behind the seats with a couple in the middle compartment of the ones i use the most.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    I would try and only keep lighter stuff in that front box if speed is a concern, the very front is much more weight sensitive
    Both front boxes are only the very front box?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Customsilverado View Post
    Thanks!
    I am looking for ideas on containers for soft plastics that are left in the pack too
    Tupperware. Alot cheaper than fishing specific boxes. I'm about to go that route myself. Grab 4-5 of them and separate creatures, trickworms, mag worms, lizards, and maybe even swimbaits still in the shells. That way I can for one not have my front storage look like a tornado tore through the plastic isle at bass pro, and 2 move them all to the back storage to get weight out of the bow as DREWTICK suggested. You can always move whatever you're using that day to the front storage.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkm View Post
    I use the deep 3700 plano boxes (with no dividers) for plastics. I keep them in the packs also. I have the majority of them stored in the compartments behind the seats with a couple in the middle compartment of the ones i use the most.
    Good idea

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    yes just keep a couple of boxs of plastic in the front rear box and even then to the back of that box make a difference, these work good in the rear boxs, you can fit 3 and 2 3700, I do this to add weight to the passange side when alone and quick swap to the other side when have a co angler or swap out with a different box for that time of year.
    2018-06-14 21.06.26.jpg2018-06-14 21.08.10.jpg

recently I also use a lot of the shoe boxs, you can fit 4 of these in a rear storage and still have room to stuff things, get them at Dollar General or in bulk on Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/Sterilite-175...gateway&sr=8-8
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

10. Member
    I just switched over to gallon freezer bags from an actual nicer style soft plastics bag. Like it so far simple and I can see what’s inside.
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    yes just keep a couple of boxs of plastic in the front rear box and even then to the back of that box make a difference, these work good in the rear boxs, you can fit 3 and 2 3700, I do this to add weight to the passange side when alone and quick swap to the other side when have a co angler or swap out with a different box for that time of year.
    2018-06-14 21.06.26.jpg2018-06-14 21.08.10.jpg

recently I also use a lot of the shoe boxs, you can fit 4 of these in a rear storage and still have room to stuff things, get them at Dollar General or in bulk on Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/Sterilite-175...gateway&sr=8-8
    What size are the plano boxes in the picture?

12. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    What size are the plano boxes in the picture?
    3 1/4"
    https://www.planomolding.com/prolatch-storage-box

5"
    https://www.planomolding.com/fishing...torage-box-xxl
    info@drewcraft.com

13. Member
    I've used 3700s in the back passenger compartment for a long time but I'm slowly going to gallon bags. If you have a lot of plastics I would use the passenger rear compartment to store them

14. Member
    I am still playng with the position of everything but i almost feel like the boat leans to the passenger side, i may have to switch soft plastics to driver side. Hopefully i dont have to move my rods to driver side. I guess its common to try and counter the weight of the driver but I only weigh about 140 so maybe all the gear weighs more than me lol

15. Member
    The boat is passenger side heavy to start with where the tm batteries are positioned. I wouldn't move the rods. Just move tackle and if it still leans a little add some water to the driver side livewell

16. Member
    I think my cranking battery is on the passenger side if i remember correctly. I will try the livewell trick if i have too

17. Member
    Should be the trolling batteries on the passenger side.

18. Member
    I think my cranking battery is on the passenger side if i remember correctly. I will try the livewell trick if i have too
    Cranking is driver side.

And at 140 you may need to load heavier behind the driver! A lot of us may be a little heavier then that, just a little!
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phnx Ed View Post
    Cranking is driver side.

And at 140 you may need to load heavier behind the driver! A lot of us may be a little heavier then that, just a little!
    Yea I would think most guys are lol