Thread: Vortex Hubs

Vortex Hubs

So I’m told that the Vortex hubs are the way to go. Does anyone have any experience with them? Any opinions? Does anyone know which ones I would need for a 2005 single axle trailer with a Ranger 519 sitting on her? Thanks for any help

2. Member
    TieDown Vortex hub? They are alright. Not a fan of their inner seal.

3. Member
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

4. Member
    Yeah, those are the ones I was looking at

5. Banned
    Other than the screw on plastic cap that always crack, its no different than any other hub. Except for the lucas grease.

I had the oil bath hubs prior to the vortex i own now. I definitely feel more confident with them on. The oil bath were nothing but problems for me and my small boat. Always leaking and left me on the side of the road before a tourney...not fun. As mentioned the caps crack at the threads, leaking oil out. The vortex are easier to lube, pull the cap and shoot with grease till it comes out clean. I am sure people have had/have issues with the vortex style. But grease style hubs has been tried and tested for more years than i know. Your boat on a single axle trailer would be more demanding on them hubs which ever you choose than mine.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!