Thread: Ultrex question

Ultrex question

Hey guys, I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a new Ultrex. I have a 2010 Alpha 211. Does anyone have any experience with an Ultrex on this hull? Debating between 45" and 52" shaft. Also, does the foot control fit in the recessed tray or would I have to make any modifications?

I have a 2009. Yes the foot pedal fits no problem. I went with the 52 inch shaft. We have a lot of wind around here so I wouldn’t want anything shorter. If you use your boat cover you may have to modify it. Mine was built with a Motorguide and doesn’t really fit with the Ultrex.

2009 LEGEND ALPHA 211/MERCURY 250 PRO XS

13' 199. foot pedal is nearly same size (if not same) as fortrex

i got a 52" which i went up from a 45" fortrex. i like the 45 better because you don't have raise the head up way up in shallow water and have it be in the way, but i fish great lakes so having the 52 is necessary for rough water.

4. Member
    I have a 52 on my 2015 211 r

5. Member
    I went with a 45 on my v21. Have not felt it was too short at any time.

Largest lake around here is Guntersville and when windy can get rough. Saying that I have a 45 on my V20 and never wished it was longer. I believe it really all depends on the size water you fish.
    2022 Basscat PII
    Mercury 200 Pro XS 4stroke

7. Member
    Have a 52 on my 2014. Haven’t needed it for anything significant and wish I had the 45 honestly. I fish shallower lakes and sometimes the head having to come up is a problem with casting. I went to Falcon and was able to keep it on the lowest setting and appreciated the extra shaft there, but my cover doesn’t fit well anymore and that is another headache I have to deal with. In hindsight, I would have done the 45
    2014 Legend Alpha 211R 250 Mercury ProXS

8. Member
    Thanks for all the replies gentlemen. I think I will go with the 45". I don't fish very much big water, so, I don't think the shorter shaft will be much of an issue. And I like the idea of not having to modify the cover.