Thread: Uber

Uber

Thoughts?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Thoughts?
    Using it? Depends on where ya live I guess. Working for them? Not worth it even in a big city. Gas, mileage and wear and tear on your car should all be factored in. Most people don’t realize or don’t care that wear and tear IS hidden expense. From what I’ve heard, Uber takes such a big cut and makes tipping difficult that you’re lucky to beak even. And that’s if you don’t tell your insurance company. Which most don’t. First accident you have your carrier is gonna deny the claim and drop ya.

If you actually did tell them your rates would be so high that you’re gonna lose money.

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Hard to invest in a company that is losing money in such massive quantities. Product is unbeatable now, but unless they come up with a better financial plan I don’t see much upside. It’s a company almost guaranteed to die at some point in the future when self-driving vehicles take over unless they are the ones who market them first.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Hard to invest in a company that is losing money in such massive quantities. Product is unbeatable now, but unless they come up with a better financial plan I don’t see much upside. It’s a company almost guaranteed to die at some point in the future when self-driving vehicles take over unless they are the ones who market them first.
    I agree with that on the long term. Do you think there may be day trading opportunities with it while the stock is so new to being public?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Using it? Depends on where ya live I guess. Working for them? Not worth it even in a big city. Gas, mileage and wear and tear on your car should all be factored in. Most people don’t realize or don’t care that wear and tear IS hidden expense. From what I’ve heard, Uber takes such a big cut and makes tipping difficult that you’re lucky to beak even. And that’s if you don’t tell your insurance company. Which most don’t. First accident you have your carrier is gonna deny the claim and drop ya.

If you actually did tell them your rates would be so high that you’re gonna lose money.
    Yeah, sorry, I was talking about the stock. Good information though.

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I agree with that on the long term. Do you think there may be day trading opportunities with it while the stock is so new to being public?
    I’m not sure whether there would be any anticipating price moves.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    I’m not sure whether there would be any anticipating price moves.
    Yeah, I'm afraid it may do something similar to Lyft. My original thought was that they went public at a bad time and it should recover after a little bit, but I'm skeptical now.

8. Member
    Yeah, sorry, I was talking about the stock. Good information though.

I gotcha. Guess their business model and what I posted plays a role on their stocks.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    I gotcha. Guess their business model and what I posted plays a role on their stocks.
    Yep, it does

10. Member
    The company may make sense if the time comes where they have fully autonomous cars.