Thread: Rainbow Trout

Rainbow Trout

Are these good to eat? Don’t know anything about them but our city park has a ton of them in there. Pretty easy to catch, thought I might try to keep a few and try them.

2. Member
    Never had them myself but they’re supposed to be really good. Be sure to check local laws since many areas heavily restrict them since they’re typically only stocked in the spring and fall.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KJW83 View Post
    Are these good to eat? Don’t know anything about them but our city park has a ton of them in there. Pretty easy to catch, thought I might try to keep a few and try them.
    You kidding me? One of my absolute favorite freshwater fish. Delicious! Keep all you can and enjoy! ... Now I'm hungry.

eat em all the time, they are fantastic. try a few recipes to see what you like best. i grew up eating them pan fried in meal. now i like them best filleted and baked in lemon pepper and butter.
    Ranger Forever

5. Member
    Friend used to stock his pond with trout yearly and I would catch a few to filet. Didnt prefer it over crappie or catfish but its not bad IMO. Seemed to have more oil than crappie and a more firm texture.

6. Member
    Absolutely delicious!