Any advice pulling up the aluminum deck?

I'm recarpeting my 04 Tracker Avalanche. I've removed the console, compartment lids, seats, latches, drilled the lid rivets and removed the hinges. I've stripped the all lids and started to separate the carpet from the deck on the aft deck.

It looks like the carpet wraps down the sides and tucks under the deck. I'm assuming I have to pull the deck to properly install the carpet. I can find 2 fasteners on the port and starboard side of the aft deck. I'm assuming there are more that need to be removed to get the deck up.

Once the deck is up in going to drill the rivets on the compartment floors to remove the waterlogged foam and pour fresh foam.

Any advice on getting the decks up?
    2004 Tracker Avalanche with 150 Mercury XR6

2. Member
    Got the rear deck up. This is a mind blowing amount of work to replace the carpet...

3. Member
    I had to drill out every rivet to get my front deck up on my G3 HP170. You will love it when you are done. it will be worth it

You shouldn’t had to remove any of the deck to recarpet. Or I should say I didn’t on a 175. Do you have pics. Thanks

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

5. Member
    Here are a few. This is the rear deck. The carpet wraps under and behind the deck frame.IMG_20190519_111516.jpgIMG_20190519_111613.jpg

I'm going full Monty on it at this point. It's disassembled to the bare subfloor covering the foam

Wow that is so different from mine. You have a job there.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

7. Member
    hey i know this is an old post but im thinking my 08 tracker avalanche is waterlogged because of the weight i got from the scales it was 3500 pounds with the trailer a half tank of gas and a 175 opyi on ot so i was wondering how much of as job it was to do yours and if you have any pictures of it i cant find any anywhere thanks

8. Member
    It's an absolute nightmare job. Horrible. By far the most miserable job I've ever done. PM me and I'll send you my phone number. It was a few years back but I'll try to help you the best I can.

It ****ing sucks.