Dedicated wacky senko rod

Looking for a new rod for this technique after breaking my second MegaBass Hiene today, Im more than a little weary of making the mistake again. Looking at the ALX enos or the Daiwa tatula elite AGS for a replacement rod. Any recommendations.
    Last edited by BuzzBait53; 05-15-2019 at 08:19 PM.

2. Member
    Shimano Expride 6'-10" M.... works great for wacky senko's... love it.

Other choice... Kistler M or LMH in the H3 or Zbone line up.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzBait53 View Post
    Looking for a new rod for this technique after breaking my second MegaBass Hiene today, Im more than a little weary of making the mistake again. Looking at the ALX enos or the Daiwa tatula elite AGS for a replacement rod. Any recommendations.
    I would look at the Jerkbait Special or Daemos. The Hein is a little too soft for fishing a senko around any cover, and or setting the hook. A 4.5-5 Power rod is what you need.

4. Member
    American Legacy has a Falcon Lowrider 20 weightless worm rod on clearance for 89.00. Just ordered one myself.
    Last edited by OG Cranksta; 05-16-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Personally - I'd look really hard at the ALX Rods ZOLO Mitch. It's a phenomenal wacky rigged senko, baitcasting rod. We developed this rod in conjunction with Capt Brett Mitchell on the Santee Cooper Lakes. Brett specifically needed a rod he could shoot wacky rigs under cypress tree limbs and docks. No issue with pinpoint placement and also skips that senko right up to the target very well. It's a Med+ power which means it has a little more back end than a traditional medium power... so great for getting fish away from cover and even handles some light grass pretty well.

The rod only weighs 3.8 oz and is one of my favorite rods to fish. It just feels like you've got an extension of your arm in hand and it's effortless to fish.

6. Member
    Daemos is money

7. Member
    If your budget allows, st croix legend elite 7' medium.

8. Banned
    I use an alpha angler DSR

black snake by jb custom rods
    "heard it in a love song.........can't be wrong"