Repaint cowling ?

Hi, looking to repaint the cowling on an f150. How to get the oem color code or match to the blue/grey. Appreciate any advice -Thanks

2. Member

paintcodes

If you look up the part number for example your cowling the last two digits are the paint code. Color Rite has a site where you can enter that code and find your primer, paint and clear coat. Color rite is the official supplier of correct paints for yamaha. I repainted and re-decaled a 2004 f115 that match really well with the rest of the engine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Z7sport; 05-15-2019 at 08:14 PM. Reason: attached correct pic of repainted cowling
    Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Z7sport View Post
    If you look up the part number for example your cowling the last two digits are the paint code. Color Rite has a site where you can enter that code and find your primer, paint and clear coat. Color rite is the official supplier of correct paints for yamaha. I repainted and re-decaled a 2004 f115 that match really well with the rest of the engine.
    Nice job!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    Nice job!
    Thanks I P. I really felt good about it since it was my first excursion into dealing with doing this. Have thought about doing my Merc 150 one winter to get a couple little bad areas on it looking good too. Need to do some research about the domed Mercury letters and how they will come off and if reusable, if not where i can get new original letters.
    Dennis

5. Member
    If Mercury has quit selling them for your model, there's a aftermarket company that is on ebay. They have most popular outboard graphics.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITESTROKE View Post
    If Mercury has quit selling them for your model, there's a aftermarket company that is on ebay. They have most popular outboard graphics.
    That's where I got the Yamaha on e bay but have not seen the domed Mercury letters.I'll have to check when i get ready for that.
    Dennis