New airbrush recommendations....

I've been airbrushing for a couple of years now with royal max and master airbrushes. These have generally been pretty good. But as I get better at this I think I'd like to upgrade to a better quality/less frustrating airbrush. This will be a big upgrade for me as I'm pretty tightly budgeted, but I really enjoy this hobby. I know most everyone is using the Iwata brushes. That being said there are several different models to choose from and I'd like to know from someone with experience which model *under $200** would be best suited for painting lures as we do. Any info and opinions would be appreciated.
    Y'all be careful out there and don't catch'em all!

2. Member
    I have an Iwata HP-C Plus that I got many years ago. Been very pleased with it. Hobby Lobby often has them and almost always has a 40% off one item coupon.

I’ve also got the Neo dual action siphon feed and gravity feed brushes that do well even though they’re a cheaper entry level brush.

3. Member
    Thanks for the info. I looked into the HP-C Plus but all I see on hobby lobby's website is the HP-CS. I'm not sure what the difference is but the reviews I've read are pretty good.

4. Member
    Can't beat a Iwata,

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by East TN.Hunt-n-Fish View Post
    Thanks for the info. I looked into the HP-C Plus but all I see on hobby lobby's website is the HP-CS. I'm not sure what the difference is but the reviews I've read are pretty good.
    The plus has a finer tip and is more accurate than the CS. Both are good brushes but the plus will be better for fine detail work.

6. Member
    I love my HP-CS. Check out Coast Airbrush they have great prices and offer upgraded parts.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

7. Member
    Ok. I'll do some more research on both. Thanks again for all the info guys!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    I have an Iwata HP-C Plus that I got many years ago. Been very pleased with it. Hobby Lobby often has them and almost always has a 40% off one item coupon.

I’ve also got the Neo dual action siphon feed and gravity feed brushes that do well even though they’re a cheaper entry level brush.
    You can no longer use the coupon for airbrushes or any item with a yellow tag.

9. Member
    Iwata HP-CS is a great all around brush. Super pleased with mine.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sayner View Post
    You can no longer use the coupon for airbrushes or any item with a yellow tag.
    Why doesn’t that surprise me?

11. Member
    Well dang! I was thinking I was going to get out of there with just over a hundred bucks!!! Day late dollar short... Story of my life