PTP Measurements on 618 Pro

Wondering what the ptp measurements are for the ones that have a 618 Pro with the new Mercury 4 stroke 175 pro xs? Mine is walking pretty bad and I've read about seat time, trim and raising motor. My PTP measurement is 3.25" (water pressure is 20-25) and wondering if I need to try raising any? Still breaking in motor so haven't gone wot much, other then what it says do in the manual. I already know I need to work on my driving skills for this boat.

Also, I have a 24P Tempest Plus with the med. vent plugs and holeshot is slow when I have another person in the boat, spinning up to 3000 rpm. Would it help any by removing any of the plugs since its a 4 stroke?
    Last edited by mkm; 05-15-2019 at 03:54 PM.

I have the 175 ProXs with a Tempest Plus 23 on mine. It is set at 3.50 ptp, that's where it came from the factory, and runs great. Holeshot, handling, and 65-66 mph is what I'm getting since 2011, don't see any reason to mess with it.

3. Member
    Most run 3.25 to 3.50. I run a tempest 24 and 3.25 is the sweet spot (15psi) on mine. I haven't heard of many people running higher than 3.25 on the 618. I have 2 medium plug and 1 removed for holeshot. They do seem to run better with more weight in the back.
    2024 G3 1710 / 2024 Yamaha 90 SHO

4. Member
    So I raised the motor 1/4" to 3" ptp. Drove alot better. WOT at 3/4 trim was 5400 rpm, water pressure 25, 64.4 mph. Past 3/4 trim, it starts walking. Wondering if I ought to go up another 1/4". What y'all think?

5. Member
    If you fish any rough water you might want to stay where you are instead of raising it more. I Fished Sam Rayburn recently on a rough water day and I can’t imagine what it would have been like if I was running any higher. If you have a hydraulic jack plate then by all means go ahead and dial it in. If you have a manual jack plate then consider best possible setting for all types of water.
    2024 G3 1710 / 2024 Yamaha 90 SHO

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix618Pro View Post
    If you fish any rough water you might want to stay where you are instead of raising it more. I Fished Sam Rayburn recently on a rough water day and I can’t imagine what it would have been like if I was running any higher. If you have a hydraulic jack plate then by all means go ahead and dial it in. If you have a manual jack plate then consider best possible setting for all types of water.
    Thanks, I raised another 1/4 and tried it and I didn't like how it felt. Lowered it back down and am done messing with it.