Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Tooters? Never heard of them, I have heard of Titus cones.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Tooters? Never heard of them, I have heard of Titus cones.
    JC taught both tooter and titus. Tooters was around many years ago. All 3 have done excellent work

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

The workmanship and quality of the tooters/JC cone is great. On my Bullet 21xd XB 250 it was slower for sure,but it handled great.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    If you let a regular old mechanic fill them to the vent they will push the seals. You cant fill them up to the brim. Service bulletins addressed this many years ago
    Anyone have a link to this? I’m curious. I always full to the first hole, not the second. I also only run a 115...
    I have a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Husertim View Post
    Anyone have a link to this? I’m curious. I always full to the first hole, not the second. I also only run a 115...
    Talking sportmasters and torquemasters- usually ran at higher prop heights

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Alright got the new gear case "brand new torque master". Before I run I want to make sure oil level is good.
    How much oil?

Every case is different so i cant give you a real capacity. If you follow the common instructions you will be fine. They are as follows (and this applies to sportys and torquemasters ONLY!!! So if this is not you dont follow this advice!!!)
    pump oil in thru the bottom very slow, once it barely reaches the top stop and let it settle because you can overfill it at this point, put in the top plug, pull out the pump and let 3oz or so fall out as you put the drain plug back in. Please read the faq don put out in the 3l mercury hi perf forum. Dont listen to a regular marine mechanic unless theyre very well versed in mercury racing components. Remember not all case capacities are the same!! Ive seen them from 17oz to 28 so just follow the instructions.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=22039

If there’s been an impact the gearcase can stretch out of 90 degree alignment with the drive shaft abs propeller shaft alignment. This is usually the cause of premature gear failure. We feel... There is an alignment issue that’s causing the failure even if the case is square and never impacted.

The Mercury brand is not know for having this issue. One particular brand is very common on the same situation.

Thanks Alli ss! Ran boat on Mem day about 3 hours easy "stayed below 75" not raising motor at all, seems fine.
    Now gonna plug top 4 holes change lube. Let it eat!!
    Thanks Bass Cat Boats I have owned the boat since new never hit any thing maybe bump a stump at idle. I think you are correct about alignment, probably happened when cone kit welded on many years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12