Question Do you make chatterbaits?

I’ve got the mold with hook bend of 60 deg. I’ve poured 3/8 & 1/2 oz jigs with 5/0 hooks. If you make chatterbaits or wobble heads what size split ring did you use to fasten blade to hook eye? Also cross lock snap size in blade?
    Last edited by f16 1ub; 05-14-2019 at 08:35 PM. Reason: added wobble head

2. Member
    Whats the difference between chatterbait and wobble head ?? I read a pretty long article about connecting the blade and the head on chatterbaits. Said is was best to attach blade directly to the head for better action. Hasn't helped me much. Went back to my homemade spinner baits..BF

3. Member
    The head wobbles freely at the hook eye. Look up wobble head. Chatterbaits come thru vegetation much better than spinnerbaits without getting clogged with moss especially at the blade swivel. And I still use spinnerbaits.

Now back to to my original question...

4. Member

5. Member
    Thx JM

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by f16 1ub View Post
    The head wobbles freely at the hook eye. Look up wobble head. Chatterbaits come thru vegetation much better than spinnerbaits without getting clogged with moss especially at the blade swivel. And I still use spinnerbaits.

Now back to to my original question...
    I use a #3 as well. BTW, a wobble head or swing head or hard head does not have a blade, it is just a jig head with free swinging hook. A bladed jig (chatterbait) is a bladed jig regardless if the hook is free moving or not, remove the blade and you have a swing jig or wobble head.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGFLAT View Post
    Whats the difference between chatterbait and wobble head ?? I read a pretty long article about connecting the blade and the head on chatterbaits. Said is was best to attach blade directly to the head for better action. Hasn't helped me much. Went back to my homemade spinner baits..BF
    I make them 2 ways, one is like a traditional bait, it's on an Arky style head and I use a punch to open the hook eye, this gives a ton of vibration and the blade clacks off the head making a good deal of racket. The other is on a Pro Swim Jig head with the flat eye with the blade attached with a split ring, this style has a little less vibration and nearly no noise but what it does have is a hunting type action on the retrieve. I fish them both and let the fish decide on which they prefer on any given day.

To answer the OP, I use a #3 stainless o ring and a cross lock snap for the line tie.