Repowering with a 225 4s

Hey don, I’m really considering repowering my boat with a new 225 pro xs. Coming from a optimax what all would be required to repower the boat that’s not already there? It’s a 2000 model opti so I know there will need to be some stuff changed I’m just trying to get a ballpark of what I’ll spend extra outside the cost of the engine. Thanks for your help.

If you are going to the new 4s just a fyi when i did mine the only things i nedded was 1 clean power harness, new fuel ethanol compliant line from the tank to motor no bulb , new mounting hardware and appropriate sealer. You might need new starter cable depending on how yours looks and the length. If you want to monitor water pressure you will also have to purchase water pressure sensor they are not included on the new Motors for the merc monitoring system .

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbeefishin View Post
    If you want to monitor water pressure you will also have to purchase water pressure sensor they are not included on the new Motors for the merc monitoring system .
    You gotta be kidding me ? I must be missing some rationale here. Seems like a basic need. Wonder why this would not be a standard feature.
    GETFISHED !!!

4. Member
    The analog hookup is there, just not the digital to hook up to a Mercmonitor.
    2015 Ranger Z118C w/150 Mercury 4s

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon214 View Post
    Hey don, I’m really considering repowering my boat with a new 225 pro xs. Coming from a optimax what all would be required to repower the boat that’s not already there? It’s a 2000 model opti so I know there will need to be some stuff changed I’m just trying to get a ballpark of what I’ll spend extra outside the cost of the engine. Thanks for your help.
    Given the age of your rigging, it would be wise to be very selective as to whether or not those items are re-used. In theory, new 3/8" fuel line (with NO bulb), an adapter/extension harness of the keyswitch harness, mounting hardware, appropriate prop/hub, AGM Battery of 975+ CCA Capacity, a Smartcraft Instrument or Vessel View System, replace any deteriorated or worn rigging components.

20" models come with the clean power harness.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor