Looking at a 2004 294 Pro XL

I need some info on these hulls. The good and bad.
    Its a long drive to go out and look at it.
    Does anyone have one and do you care to share some pics and setup info?

2. Member
    I didn't know they had a 294 model in 2004. I purchased my Stratos in 2003 and it's a 2004 model. Mine is a 195 ProXL and they had a 295 ProXL. Are you sure of the year and model designation? I thought the 294 came out in 2005/2006. Maybe some one can get us the straight skinny.
    As for your request. My boat is basically the same hull as the 294 with a different top cap. Mine came with an Evinrude 200HO. My boat would easily run 72 - 74 MPH. I think the 294 is a little faster than mine due to less weight. I really like mine but it is not a 21 footer. It's a little narrow on the nose if you keep the pedestal seat in. I like to remove mine when tournament fishing. Check which trolling motor comes with the boat. I upgraded the original with a 80 pound thrust Minn Kota. Much better than the 70 that came on it. The boat needs a (6"-8") jackplate and I would want a hotfoot. I am running a 200 ProXS Opti now and I am still getting her dialed in. These boats are a driver's machine. You will use a lot of trim and will need to keep her balanced on the pad. I like Tempest props. I current run a 27 balanced/blueprinted by Propeller Dynamics.

Fat fingers. It’s a 295.

4. Member
    I have a 2006 294 ProXL....also run a 27 pitch Tempest Plus...no problem hitting 74mph...it does get hairy at that speed....i have a 2006 200 VMax HDPI

5. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    I had a 2004 295 Pro Xl last year. Great boat... but not a Great Lakes boat.

Pros:

- great storage, can use both front p & sb long compartments as rod lockers / center storage is well laid out for a slew of Plano 3700's and side stacked 3600's (3 each side) in custom fitted shelves
    - fast on the hole shot with the right set up (200 HP, 8" JP at 2 1/2 PTP with a 26 Fury - 70+ mph)
    - goes like a scalded cat
    - very stable fishing platform
    - well appointed for an entry level boat (courtesy lighting in compartments and livewell)
    - lots of room for one angler front and rear
    - easy to maneuver in tight spaces (marinas, coves, sloughs, etc.)
    - great boat for small to mid size lakes
    - good sized livewells

Cons:

- a little cramped on the bow deck for two
    - no center seat or storage (I bought a step compartment from bassboatseats)
    - doesn't like 3 + footers because of the pronounced reversed rakers at the bow (keep the bow down)
    - single axle trailer with a short tongue that swings like a mofo when backing up (I hated it)
    - a real hand full at 74 mph
    Last edited by CDN Bass; 05-22-2019 at 10:07 PM.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel