Sticky Live Well valve

I'm finding that my live well control valves to be a but sticky and difficult to operate. Are there any serviceable parts to this? IE. for my remote drain plug, i applied a touch of o-ring lube to the o-ring on the plug and it helped immensely.
    2015 Ranger 620fs

• Evinrude G2 250HO w/Atlas JP
    • Evinrude 15HO Kicker (Tiller)
    • Minn Kota 112 Uterra BT
    • HB 1199 SI (Bow)
    • HB 1199 SI (Helm)
    • HB Helix 10 Nav (Dash)

2. Member
    The valve on my Z21 is serviceable and pretty easy to work on, the repair kit is cheap. That said have you checked the cable ? Its pretty easy to take the end of the cable off the valve so you can isolate the 2 components and determine the problem

3. Member
    where is the valve located?

TIA,
    P.
    2015 Ranger 620fs

• Evinrude G2 250HO w/Atlas JP
    • Evinrude 15HO Kicker (Tiller)
    • Minn Kota 112 Uterra BT
    • HB 1199 SI (Bow)
    • HB 1199 SI (Helm)
    • HB Helix 10 Nav (Dash)

4. mikesxpress
    Remove the cable going to the valve in the bilge and bring the end up out of the service well. Use graphite suspended in light oil and work this into the cable (moving the control knob) a couple drops at a time till it fills the sheath. Takes about two beers to do this. *The control cable wire is carbon steel and being located in the bottom of the bilge allows it to wick water inside and rust forms. You will see it as you work the oil in.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Remove the cable going to the valve in the bilge and bring the end up out of the service well. Use graphite suspended in light oil and work this into the cable (moving the control knob) a couple drops at a time till it fills the sheath. Takes about two beers to do this. *The control cable wire is carbon steel and being located in the bottom of the bilge allows it to wick water inside and rust forms. You will see it as you work the oil in.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Super-Lu...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Will this work? New pumps and valve for me this week, figured I'd oil my cable as well.

6. mikesxpress
    Has PTFE in it so it should? I've been using graphite for years. Last a year.