Scorpion Prop - What hub kit to use

I like to try a Scorpion Prop on my HPDI 250 HP. what hub kit do I use for it? does the standard Flo-Torq II work? or does it have to be a Solas hub kit?

thanks,

Harry

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    IMO the solas RBX are far superior to the flo torq . I use them in all my props.

3. Member
    So are the RBX and FLow Torq interchangeable?

thanks,

Harry

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Chang View Post
    So are the RBX and FLow Torq interchangeable?

thanks,

Harry
    yes, the RBX isnt plastic, like mercury uses in the flo torq II but a hard rubber reduces clunk . I like them in my mercury props was recommended to me on here and I would never go back to mercurys flo torq II plastic hub now.

5. Member
    thanks for your time to confirm.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    IMO the solas RBX are far superior to the flo torq . I use them in all my props.
    The Solas RBX hubs are not good at all. I’ve spun them on more than one occasion and they are extremely hard to get out. They are quite when shifting but they are trash. The quicksilver flow torque hubs are much more durable in my opinion and my experience

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by WPC3 View Post
    The Solas RBX hubs are not good at all. I’ve spun them on more than one occasion and they are extremely hard to get out. They are quite when shifting but they are trash. The quicksilver flow torque hubs are much more durable in my opinion and my experience
    I've found it to be the opposite. I've had great luck with them. Maybe I've just been lucky..anyone else had issues with them?

8. Member
    I use the all metal heavy duty mercury solid hub with the 4 hard plastic strips. No bump at all, ultra smooth going in and out of gear. NEVER ever spins out.

Trade off if you hit a rock you buy a lower unit, lol. Knock on wood I have never so much as even nicked a prop in over 20 years of tournament fishing. I always run with a navionics chip and I shade in any water under 10 feet deep. I fish a lot of great lakes tournaments so most times my boat is in deep water.