J&A Big Bass Splash "Get Together" General Info and Pricing

I've been thinking about what kind of tourney to have for our "Get Together". Here's my thoughts and I think they're pretty good. Since we're only going to have maybe 15 folks at this deal, let's have a Big Bass only tourney. Everyone has scales in their boat, so take a pic of the fish with it's weight then release the fish. After the meal Saturday afternoon we'll compare pics, only one big bass per person. Everyone chip in $20 each and for example, if we have 10 folks compete the total will be $200, so $150 goes to big bass and $50 goes to second place big bass. A 75%/25% payout.

Now this is a get together where folks see old friends and new folks make new friends. Not really looking for folks to just show up at the ramp Saturday morning then head home afterwards. You don't have to stay here but you do need to come by the ranch, spend some time and meet everyone.

If this works out and we get some participation it may be something I do every year. Beds for this little swaray will be discounted to $20 a night per person, first come first serve.

I think this is a pretty good plan. Sound good to y'all?

Date of the tourney is June 8th.
    Last edited by Stompy; 05-14-2019 at 01:25 PM.

Keeping this bumped up so everyone can see it.

3. Not a member
    Sounds good John. Bump

Looks like about 10 folks so far and 2 maybes.

5. Member
    I think this is a great idea. It definitely beats carrying 5 fish in the livewell for 8 hours. I think we could come up with a more consistent way to measure the fish, but that should be easy to solve by having one boat responsible for weighing and taking pics. I'd volunteer for it. Or just use the yak tournament method of measuring length. However we decide, I think the BB format is the way to go for this sort of function.

Sounds good to me !
    I going to have to remember to buy a battery ,