3 Blade to 4 Blade

Guys I'm currently running a 25 Fury 3 Blade, wondering, if I went to a Fury 4 in 25 or 26 would it hurt top end bad and would it be a little easier to drive? Probably beating a dead horse but I'd like to know before I drop 600 bucks.
    2014 Triton 21HP
    2014 250 Pro XS TM
    10inch Plate
    25 Fury 3 Blade

Welcome to BBC!

The Fury 4 runs as well as the 3 only a little higher. What speed and RPM's are you getting? I have a 26 Fury4 in very good condition. It is a little small for me but great for tournaments when I have a big coangler, full livewells and skinny water.

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeBurner01 View Post
    Guys I'm currently running a 25 Fury 3 Blade, wondering, if I went to a Fury 4 in 25 or 26 would it hurt top end bad and would it be a little easier to drive? Probably beating a dead horse but I'd like to know before I drop 600 bucks.
    I have had a 21HP and I'm now on my second 21TRX w/ 250 ProXS 2S. I'm currently running a 25P Tempest 3 blade. Better lift than the Fury and carries a load better. If you're not having to drive it, you're not getting the ultimate performance ----- just my two cents. Search my "find latest started threads" and look for my prop test under 2017 Triton 21TRX Performance Update, might possibly help you.

4. Member
    If you have no interest in speed, only handling and low speed planing and hole shot go with the lower pitch. Then you will still have respectable hot weather high load performance. In my experience that hull is gonna try to walk starting in the 68-70 range regardless of prop. Stein is spot on with the tempest it is the best for speed and lift but speed+lift=walk, no way around it but to learn it and deal with it. My x2 hull walks at 67-68 and will only run 71 loaded. I run 66.5 most places unless I’m truly in some more kind of hurry.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman6965 View Post
    Welcome to BBC!

The Fury 4 runs as well as the 3 only a little higher. What speed and RPM's are you getting? I have a 26 Fury4 in very good condition. It is a little small for me but great for tournaments when I have a big coangler, full livewells and skinny water.
    Tournament loaded with 2 guys running about 59ish on the tach at around 76-77mph.
    2014 Triton 21HP
    2014 250 Pro XS TM
    10inch Plate
    25 Fury 3 Blade

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stein3411 View Post
    I have had a 21HP and I'm now on my second 21TRX w/ 250 ProXS 2S. I'm currently running a 25P Tempest 3 blade. Better lift than the Fury and carries a load better. If you're not having to drive it, you're not getting the ultimate performance ----- just my two cents. Search my "find latest started threads" and look for my prop test under 2017 Triton 21TRX Performance Update, might possibly help you.
    Thanks I'll check it out.
    2014 Triton 21HP
    2014 250 Pro XS TM
    10inch Plate
    25 Fury 3 Blade

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtreed99 View Post
    If you have no interest in speed, only handling and low speed planing and hole shot go with the lower pitch. Then you will still have respectable hot weather high load performance. In my experience that hull is gonna try to walk starting in the 68-70 range regardless of prop. Stein is spot on with the tempest it is the best for speed and lift but speed+lift=walk, no way around it but to learn it and deal with it. My x2 hull walks at 67-68 and will only run 71 loaded. I run 66.5 most places unless I’m truly in some more kind of hurry.
    No problems driving it up on pad but this one starts to walk around 65 and is a handful by myself with no water in the wells as she staggers around 80-81, but I have no poles hanging off the back. I was thinking a 4 blade would make it a little more tolerable by myself.
    2014 Triton 21HP
    2014 250 Pro XS TM
    10inch Plate
    25 Fury 3 Blade

8. Member
    You will lose speed with four blade.

If you’re getting that kind of performance with Fury, you will over rev with a 25 Tempest. Furys run stiffer. When I had a 250 Pro XS, I ran a 27 Tempest, 29 Bravo and 26 Fury. Sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBurner01 View Post
    Tournament loaded with 2 guys running about 59ish on the tach at around 76-77mph.

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash