Made him go HMMM!

Was finishing up fishing with a friend the other day. We were back in a protected pocket and we new the wind had really picked up. So I proceeded to idle back to the mouth of the pocket where we were both like wow its blowing harder than we thought. Not the worst I have ever been in but definitely a little rough. It was total white caps as far as you could see. My partner said OH CRAP! I headed back to the ramp and with no issues at all. No busting waves, no rough ride, no every once in a while teeth jarring. And NO HULL POUNDING sounds. We cruised in running around 72-74 with ease. I set her down and my buddy looked over at me with a look and said HMMM that wasn't bad at all. After owning Bullets for over 20 years I still enjoy every trip out.
    Last edited by BULLET FAN; 05-15-2019 at 09:17 PM.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

2. Member
    Lol yep! My brother and I were fishing a tournament and we were running 80 to our first spot... I set it down and he said dang this boat rides good, it doesn’t feel like I’m gonna fly out or anything and it’s so smooth. He’s a nitro guy
    21xdc bullet
    250 pro xs
    28 Croxton bravo
    ultrex
    humminbirds

3. Member
    If people would open their minds Bullets ride sooooo much better than most people think, they just assume that a light boat can't ride very well, just take a ride in one

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    If people would open their minds Bullets ride sooooo much better than most people think, they just assume that a light boat can't ride very well, just take a ride in one
    That is what I thought until I booked a trip with a guide that had a 21 XRS, ordered a new one a few days later.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    That is what I thought until I booked a trip with a guide that had a 21 XRS, ordered a new one a few days later.
    Now that is a fishing guide. Where was that?

To hear some tell it, Bullets don’t handle rough stuff!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

7. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    agreed...……...driver ability is also key!
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET FAN View Post
    Now that is a fishing guide. Where was that?
    Lake Fork, wanted to spend a day in one to see how it fished and handled, did not catch many fish but the trip was worth it.

9. Member
    Few years back I fished a tournament with a guy I know. He has a Ranger. We were going to make a long run on blast off to a community hole. He wanted to take my Bullet since we had a good draw number and probably wouldn't get beat to our first stop. On the way to the lake he said the only thing about this is the wind is going to get up today and we will get beat to death heading back to weigh-in. On blast off we passed the boats that left before us and made it to our spot. When we head back down the lake that afternoon it was white capping. I set the boat on 70 mph and we just skipped across the waves. When we got to the ramp he says WOW that wasn't bad at all. But you did have to slow down. I told him I slowed down to 70 mph. Your barge won't run an honest 70. He shut up. lol When we filled the boat back up with gas before heading for home, he couldn't believe how little gas we used. We had the same motors just different hulls. The next three times we fished tournaments he wanted to take the Bullet. lmao
    BulletTJ
    Tim
    There is never a wrong time
    to do the right thing!

10. Member
    I had a similar experience that I posted on here years ago but I will briefly tell what happened for all these new folks on here. I fished with a guy who had never been in a Bullet and he had heard all bad things about them and took them as truth. He was a good sized man and when it came time to put the boat in he insisted that I back him in the water and he would pick me up at the dock. I said ok no problem. I found out later it was because he thought the boat would flip if he stepped on the cap with all his weight. LOL No joke. When we took off that day to head out fishing I also noticed that he had a death grip on my passenger side OH CRAP handle. I think his finger impressions are still there. After a long day fishing we were summing up our day at the ramp and unloading. He told me that he wanted to apologize to me and every Bullet owner. He said he had bad mouthed Bullets for years just because all his buddies did and he just went with what other people said. He was so inspired he went to another fishing site that he was on regularly and posted a 1 page apology to Bullet owners and he did a complete review and break down of how awesome his day was fishing out of a Bullet. He sent me the link and I looked around that website. They had very few Bullet owners on it.
    Last edited by BULLET FAN; 05-15-2019 at 09:21 PM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    There you go, that's all it takes

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    There you go, that's all it takes
    Should be here in July, I keep second guessing myself on the colors, I need to stop looking at all the Bullet boats on the web,

13. Member
    I wasn't sure about the colors I picked out, but when I saw it, LOVE at first sight!!!