Thread: Drop Shot Baits

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    If you fish a lot of pickeral/Pike infested waters...I would recommend trying the Zman Trick shotz. I use them a lot and can fish all day with 2 or 3 baits! They have a great color I have been using called "The Deal ."

2. Member
    Roboworm morning dawn is all you need.

3. Member
    Dream shot, morning dawn.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour2u View Post
    I bought a pack of roboworms in morning dawn last season and haven't used them yet. On a drop shot do you just nose hook it? Worm seems like a small diameter to nose hook and last very long.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    I bought a pack of roboworms in morning dawn last season and haven't used them yet. On a drop shot do you just nose hook it? Worm seems like a small diameter to nose hook and last very long.
    I usually nose hook them, they can last several fish sometimes. If the nose gets a little torn up you can trim that part off and rehook it as well. The small fish seem to cause the most issue, I think they are more erratic and and tend to shake their head more.

I just purchased these last week and am waiting to try them out for nose hooking weightless baits like a fluke etc. They were $2.13 for a 100 piece package and now are $0.38 cheaper at 100 pcs for $1.75 shipped. They could help out with retaing your nose hooked baits. Not sure how much they will effect the buoyancy or bait action though. I figured for the price it can't hurt the give them a try. I will be trying them with the eye buried below the surface tip.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100Pcs-Usef...=1026819336023
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

IMG_1401.JPG

What I caught my biggest fish 8#, of the year last year only on a jighead.

My fav dropshot bait is a little black and white Yamamoto Shad Shape Worm....mucho catcho.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

8. Member
    I have really done well in NY with a YUM Kill Shot- watermelon candy texas rigged on a Roboworm Rebarb hook. Jackall Cross Tail Shads (love em, but they are not durable, which is why they work haha). I may have to get to the old Robo Worm this year, I used to nose hook a robo on a gama drop shot hook 98% of the time. But the last few years its been more of a finesse shad immitator.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Bass Fool View Post
    I just purchased these last week and am waiting to try them out for nose hooking weightless baits like a fluke etc. They were $2.13 for a 100 piece package and now are $0.38 cheaper at 100 pcs for $1.75 shipped. They could help out with retaing your nose hooked baits. Not sure how much they will effect the buoyancy or bait action though. I figured for the price it can't hurt the give them a try. I will be trying them with the eye buried below the surface tip.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100Pcs-Usef...=1026819336023
    I use the TwistLock springs with centering pin also. PLUS I use the Owner shakey head jigs with those built-in.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...shkyhdbrn40lur
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    I use the TwistLock springs with centering pin also. PLUS I use the Owner shakey head jigs with those built-in.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...shkyhdbrn40lur
    Hey thanks, this ^ reminds me to check on the $40 reward they gave me for being approved for their credit card.
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    I nose hook for better action. You won’t get but 1 or 2 fish out of a bait unless you keep shortening it.

I nose hook for better action. You won’t get but 1 or 2 fish out of a bait unless you keep shortening it.
    Unless you use Elaztech baits

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12