1st post on this board

Guys, need your help. Seriously considering '19 Ranger 520L w/ '19 250 G2. Coming out of '14 Ranger 520C w/ '14 250 Pro XS. Had nothing but problems out of merc. please school me on differences. Can I use my spare Fury props on this engine or are Rakers needed?

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I’m not sure where I [or anyone] could begin to school you on the difference between a 2014 ProXS and a G2, other than to say that that vintage ProXS was engineered in 1997 and the G2 in 2015. From there, almost everything is different, other than that both are internal combustion and 2-cycle. Yes, you can use Fury props on a G2, with the appropriate hub assembly, but you would need to purchase that hub. The Raker HO props are excellent, in my experience far superior to previous Evinrude/BRP props, and their Rx4 4-blade offering is also superb. But for the cost of a hub kit, you can run a wide variety of props. Be sure to hold on tight when you punch the G2, because compared to your previous engine, it’s a rocket, especially on low and mid-range.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

G2>2 Stroke Pro XS

4. Member
    Thanks guys, how has the reliability been for 2018 & 2019 G2's

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Most of the problems reported hear are rigging issues.