Thread: I. Need a Plan

I. Need a Plan

I will be staying in Clinton Twp. If conditions make St. Clair unadvisable where are some inland lakes to fish in a reasonable drive? i have an 18.5 ft bass boat. Thanks.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

2. Member
    When are you coming up? It is pretty trashed right now, but will get better each day as long the weather lays down some. We've had lots of east wind and quite a bit of rain the last couple weeks. The weather guessers are predicting warmer temps starting this week. There are some good inland lakes within 45 minutes, but they are predominantly largemouth lakes.

3. Member
    Largemouth lakes are fine. Coming up this weekend and into next week. The names of a couple of largemouth lakes would be great. Thanks.

--Voltaire

4. Member
    Lake Orion, Lakeville Lake, White Lake, Orchard Lake, Cass Lake, Lake Oakland, Stoney Creek (no wake lake and $20 per day to fish for park entrance and ramp fee) easiest to fish in my opinion would be Lake Orion.

5. Member
    Thanks!

--Voltaire

6. Member
    If its too windy to be out on the main body....Grab your walleye stuff and fish the LSC river. I guess they have been getting them pretty good.. Just something to think about.
    The Lakes Dave gave you are good choices.
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    If its too windy to be out on the main body....Grab your walleye stuff and fish the LSC river. I guess they have been getting them pretty good.. Just something to think about.
    The Lakes Dave gave you are good choices.
    Good suggestion. St Clair is amazing. I did a drift last year and caught smallmouth, a walleye and a small muskie on the same drift.

--Voltaire

The wind can really blow on St Clair but we managed to find areas to fish last week. We did a lot of controlled drifts in heavy wind and still caught good numbers.

I've caught a bunch of largemouths in the canals but I really go there for smallies. There are some stud largemouths up to about 4.5lbs. We had a 40 minute span near metro park last year where caught 30 of them. Hit me up direct if you need specific spots or techniques.
    Take your kid Fishing!
    http://mcbassin.webs.com/

9. Member
    Canals on St. Clair are better than any of the inland lakes for largies.
    -Matt

10. Member
    First, safe travels and welcome to Michigan this weekend. The lakes above are great suggestions. Lake Orion or White Lake are chances for bigger fish. They are bedding now on both. White has some good smallies too. That said the canals on LSC are hot right now and I am a firm believer that LSC is the best largemouth lake in the state (very underrated due to the smallies being the primary focus).

11. Banned
    I second that lsc is the most underrated largemouth fishery that I've ever fished. It is LOADED. I've only been on lsc during june-july because that's when we always come up. Do the largemouth stay in the canals all summer? We always catch them out on the main lake when we come.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kb_rn View Post
    I second that lsc is the most underrated largemouth fishery that I've ever fished. It is LOADED. I've only been on lsc during june-july because that's when we always come up. Do the largemouth stay in the canals all summer? We always catch them out on the main lake when we come.
    A big majority Of them move out to the main lake after the spawn.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    A big majority Of them move out to the main lake after the spawn.
    I figured as much which is where we catch them
    If the wind is up and we can't smallmouth fish we fish close to shore and catch piles upon piles of 2-4 lb largemouth. It's like shooting fish in a barrell compared to how tough largemouth fishing can be at times down here.