Banned

2013 RT188 livewell pump

What brand comes from the factory ? I think mine is clogged up. I can hear the motor running but no water. Are these easily cleaned out? Or replaced ?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJfrank View Post
    What brand comes from the factory ? I think mine is clogged up. I can hear the motor running but no water. Are these easily cleaned out? Or replaced ?
    This thread should help.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=983190

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Banned
    Thanks, gonna start working on this Thursday morning. Tourney Saturday. Need live wells.

4. Member

Hit the link Bill posted where I was working on mine. I have the newer one with the pump out. Not sure if yours will have this? Bill posted the correct procedure for twisting so you can get at the cartridge release button. Mine ended up being clogged between the cartridge and the spray bar...IE in the livewell hose plumbing. Check the intake tubing. It's only inches long. Just twist the screen to remove it. It's really a pretty simple system. The issue is it's TIGHT back there to have any room to work. I removed the rear seat and kept the rear hatch open with a bungee cord hooked to the motor steering tube. While you have the cartridge out make sure the impeller isn't spinning on the shaft. I've had a couple of pumps do that in the past. The Rule pump had a plastic impeller. My release button was pointing toward the very bottom of the hull. You could not see it! You had to reach down there and feel for it. Releasing the tab Bill posted allowed for twisting the whole unit a little to get at it a little better. Once I had it up a little more I locked it down so I could then turn it counter clockwise while pulling it straight out. I'm sure all the tilapia I've had in there and the trash they put off (scales) didn't help keeping the system clean.

Hope this helps.

5. Member
    Yup what Bill posted is what my issue was on my 2014. i could hear it run but no water would come in. Followed that thread and no works fine. But if for what ever reason you need to replace the live well divider on that old model just know they changed the design at some point. Ranger had to break out the old mold and re do one for me. They have the new ones have the same part number as the old so I have 2 dividers for the newer style sitting in the garage.

6. Banned
    Took out the cartridge and impeller is spinning fine. Ran water through entire system. No clogs. I’m at a loss.

Took out the cartridge and impeller is spinning fine. Ran water through entire system. No clogs. I’m at a loss.
    Frank,
    The 2013 and 2014 is notorious for air lock in the livewell pump. In this picture, notice the the discharge of the pump is lower than the inlet. This pump was air locking and not pumping. If your’s Looks like this, refer to the link In my previous post for how to fix it.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

8. Banned
    OK. I gotcha Bill. I see what you mean now. Thanks.

9. Member
    OK. I gotcha Bill. I see what you mean now. Thanks.
    When I fixed mine I was confused at first at how to move the inlet, but it should be able to just be twisted up, you shouldn't have to remove anything.

10. Banned
    Got it working. There wasn’t a clog, but a blockage of Teflon tape from when Ranger wrapped the connections. It got inside and finally blocked about 90%. I cleared it out and working fine now.