MK serial number question

I bought a used Maxxum 80 52" shaft and I am trying to find out the year it is. MK says the serial number is under the foot pedal on the side by the on/off button. There is nothing anywhere under the foot pedal on this motor. My question is there any other place that the serial number might be?

Thanks

2. Member
    I ran into the same problem with a fortrex. Just happened to find the information underneath the control box cover where the cable jacket attaches.

3. Member
    Buzzsaw is correct. If it is not under the foot pedal then it is under the head lower half. If in neither then the head was replaced and the S/N was not copied and installed.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    Buzzsaw is correct. If it is not under the foot pedal then it is under the head lower half. If in neither then the head was replaced and the S/N was not copied and installed.
    correct
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    Well I guess I am SOL on finding a serial number but I did fix my problem. I removed the bottom aluminum plate on the foot pedal looking for the number and found a broken wire going to the constant/momentary switch.