Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    wish they would dump a hundred out of grand now, pain in the rear picking up driftwood out of the yard.
    They could dump away, there is still allot more coming down the Neosho. Went over the river Sunday, it is still right below flood stage and running strong.

We been flooded for 2 months. They opened I-29 south into Missouri last week, Still a section of 10 miles north of town is still under water. Missouri River is still out of its banks in places, the COE is still pulling water out of Gavin’s

3. Member
    Imagine fishing Tenkiller? We are the last ones treated. Waiting on Keystone, then Grand River chain, then hopefully us. Grand lake gets special treatment. You can bet they will keep the water low enough to have the Nichols Tournament on sunday

4. Member
    El Dorado Reservoir began releasing water downstream to Kaw to make some room for heavy rains predicted Saturday - Monday.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kindlel View Post
    Imagine fishing Tenkiller? We are the last ones treated. Waiting on Keystone, then Grand River chain, then hopefully us. Grand lake gets special treatment. You can bet they will keep the water low enough to have the Nichols Tournament on sunday
    That used to be true when GRDA called the shots, but not anymore. Now GRDA has to do what the COE says, and their decision making on holding back water until you have to dump all at once seems awful dumb to me.

6. Member
    That may be true but can you tell me when last time you have seen Grand as high as they let Gibson get ?? NEVER !!
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    That may be true but can you tell me when last time you have seen Grand as high as they let Gibson get ?? NEVER !!
    Its not about vertical height as much as storage capacity. Grand normally is 743, but the top of dam is 757, only gives you 12 feet before disaster. Gibson is designed to come up a lot higher.

8. Member
    Keystone:
    Reservoir release is 161525 cubic feet per second on Tuesday 21May19 Time: 2000 hours.

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115

Quote Originally Posted by Table Rock 1 View Post
    Enough with the rain...
    I hear ya.

Gavin’s ( Yankton S,D. ) released as much as 150,000 cfm, flooding everyone for 200 miles in 1986, 1993, 2011 and 2019– and we are still being flooded.

11. Member
    Webbers Falls residents have been asked to evacuate the town as flooding from multiple storms runs down the Arkansas River.
    The Arkansas River near Muskogee is expected to swell to 38 feet by Thursday, about 10 feet above the flood stage there. National Weather Service meteorologists report that the river should reach that level before dawn Thursday. For context, the 1986 flood reached just over 39 feet.

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115

In Little Rock, we’re downstream from the Oklahoma watershed. Arkansas River is running 300cfs now with no chance of letting up until after the upstream rivers/lakes have normalized for a couple of weeks. Anything above 100k shuts down boat/barge traffic. Around here it’s more economic than recreation.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    Grand only has 11.6' of Flood Pool. Fort Gibson was designed with 28' of Flood Pool. As mentioned above, Grand could only reach 13.6' before it ran over the dam uncontrolled. Grand will store 2x what Gibson will with both full, so every foot means a lot more water than it appears.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

14. Member
    Gibson is at full pool ---Also navigation channel is rolling over the locks. these run into arkansas river along with Keystone. Looking real bad for folks down stream !!!! Muskogee. Ft Smith and all points on the river this is BAD !!! Our forecast all the way through at least next 2 weeks has rain chances everyday .
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

15. Member
    The Mississippi River has to pass here to get to the Gulf...drains 2/3 of this continent. Everything is flooded west of me. They are afraid to open the Old River structure to stop the flooding due to losing the river to the Atchafalaya. The previous record for high river consecutive days was 225 days in 1973. The Corp says we will break that this year...easy. First time ever the Bonnet Carrie Spillway was opened twice in the same year to save New Orleans.

I seen on FB that the people around or in Webber Falls was ordered to Leave ASAP, the buildings in Downtown Bixby are sandbag and taped up.. It going to get ugly quick..

BREAKING: The Tulsa District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is set to increase its release to 185,000 cubic feet of water per second from Keystone Dam starting at 10 this morning..

18. Member
    120,000 cfs from ft. Gibson, 165,000 cfs from Keystone=a hell of a lot of water!
    storms today and tonight won’t help.
    Webber’s falls evacuated.
    Spring has sprung

UPDATE: The Corps now says it could release as much as 215,000 CFS from Keystone Lake by 2pm today.

Quote Originally Posted by kindlel View Post
    Nichols tournament was cancelled. Grand is just a tick under 754' right now. I'll bet I could take the Elk river a couple miles into Missouri...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast