Thread: Pickwick

Pickwick

Club tourney at Pickwick first week in June. No one from our club has fished it before. Looking for high level advice for June fishing/patterns from folks who have experience there. We have a very small club and limited time in Florence and hoping to just catch some keeper fish.

Eliminate shallow and go straight offshore? Also, Heard there are a lot of smallmouth in the lake, worth chasing?

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    I spent the first week of June there last year. Fish had already pushed out to river ledges. We caught fish on 3/4oz jigs, swim baits and c-rig. Those fish get a lot of pressure and would scare very easy. I would find schools and use a ned rig to get them fired up then they would hit anything you through at them.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

3. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    I haven’t fished it lately but I’m hearing that the bass have already made a big push to their summertime ledge haunts. There are indeed some large smallmouth in Pickwick but, other than during the spawn, I’ve never been able to pattern them effectively. I usually only catch one occasionally while largemouth fishing.

4. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    ledges are on...…..c rig or jigs

targeting smallies is difficult for me this time of year...….that's a Winter/Fall pattern for me
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------