OX66 Hesitation on acceleration ?

I did tuned my 1999 OX66 225 this Spring. Changed all plugs, replaced LP fuel pumps, replaced the filters, cleaned the oxygen sensor and replaced the plugs. I thought everything was working fine, and I will admit that my schedule this year hasn't allowed me to fish or run the boat like I normally do.

This Saturday, when accelerating from a stop, I detected some hesitation. I could obtain normal operating speeds, but I thought the motor was acting sluggish. Got home checked the plugs, none seemed fouled. Any suggestions? Injectors were sent out in 2016 for cleaning/flow testing.

2. Member
    Run it on the water hose connection and use timing light to check each plug wire to make sure the plugs are firing. Did you do a compression check?
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

Check your gas lines bro. Changed all of mine to straight rubber ethanol resistant lines.....

and when your tired of messing with those LP pumps, go the external fuel pump route. Changed my life! Lol

4. Member
    Compression great, all plugs firing, it seems like a fuel problem. Thinking about dumping some sea foam in and giving her a big run this coming Saturday. Anyone see any harm in doing this? Could I have a pin-hole leak in a fuel line or bulb? I can't seem to detect a fuel leak while its sitting in the garage. Absolutely hesitated or skipped while I was trying to accelerate. I am going to run out the fuel and put fresh in.

5. Member
    When mine was doing this, it was a leaky fuel pump. Replaced the 2 pumps and it was good to go. I think i paid $90 for both pumps.
    2003 Champion 187 SC
    2003 Yamaha VMAX 150