Thread: 21 SST Speed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    Please explain
    Look on the right side of the trolling motor is on this picture, you can see they extended the glass to TN mount the trolling motor, which makes a bigger area to bolt down your trolling motor. Allison do this with there boats also.

21ss plano small shot.jpg

2. Member
    Here is another picture you actually see it better what im talking about
    19554.jpg

3. Banned
    Boat will have no problem running over 80 if the conditions allow it. You will be surprised how quick it can get to 80 also.

4. Member
    Talked with a guide that fishes out of a Bullet SS with a 300R and says it's not good on gas.
    He is not a go fast type guy so I believe in what he is saying. It's more like the X motors
    of gas. The 1.75 gears do not help on gas either. I have both lower units, 1.62 and 1.75,
    and see the different.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex1 View Post
    Talked with a guide that fishes out of a Bullet SS with a 300R and says it's not good on gas.
    He is not a go fast type guy so I believe in what he is saying. It's more like the X motors
    of gas. The 1.75 gears do not help on gas either. I have both lower units, 1.62 and 1.75,
    and see the different.
    I think the biggest reason that people are seeing worse fuel economy on the 300R is the fact that they are running such high pitch props. The higher the pitch of the prop, the more slip it is going to have. That is part of why people are running 5 blade props on them is because that 5th blade reduces slip back to more "normal" numbers. It seems that people running the 5 blades are getting fuel economy closer to the 300XS. Mercury has a series of articles on props that goes thru all that in a lot more detail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12