Thread: 2003 187

Question 2003 187

Anyone have pics of there setup in a 2003 187? I am looking at a project 2003 187, just curious about the battery layout? Never seen batteries in the side compartments before, and small compartments at that.

TIA

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    On my 1999 187, the layout was the same as what I think you are describing. Oil reservoir was in one side compartment with batteries in the other side compartment. Sorry, I don't have any pics.

3. Member
    I had an 04 . I think it was the same way.
    GETFISHED !!!

4. Member
    So there was only two batteries? there isn't room in the little compartments for more that two, a d they would have to be very small ones. I think the guy told me the oil res. was in the bilge area between the tank?
    Thanks

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishMoore View Post
    So there was only two batteries? there isn't room in the little compartments for more that two, a d they would have to be very small ones. I think the guy told me the oil res. was in the bilge area between the tank?
    Thanks
    I think that's right. I think the oil tank is in the bilge. I used Trojan brand batteries . 24 volt troller, 2 batteries. Worked great.
    GETFISHED !!!

2 group 31 TM batteries on port side, Crankin batt and chargers starboard side, oil tank on top of gas tank. To me its the perfect setup. You have to put the 1st TM battery in and push it back underneath a little and then put the 2nd one in diagonally, then straighten them both out and wire up.
    thumbnail_017 (1).jpg
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royjulius View Post
    2 group 31 TM batteries on port side, Crankin batt and chargers starboard side, oil tank on top of gas tank. To me its the perfect setup. You have to put the 1st TM battery in and push it back underneath a little and then put the 2nd one in diagonally, then straighten them both out and wire up.
    thumbnail_017 (1).jpg
    Thanks, You don't happen to have a pic of the Starboard setup do you? Also the tank area where the oil tank mounts?
    Thanks for you help!

No, I don't, but the starboard hatch just has one battery and the charger right next to it. The gas tank is the U shaped tank and the oil tank sits right on top of it in the middle. I'm not sure what the tank looks like in the TN boats. I'm at work right now or I would go out and take pics. If you're still having trouble by the weekend I can get out to the garage and take some.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royjulius View Post
    No, I don't, but the starboard hatch just has one battery and the charger right next to it. The gas tank is the U shaped tank and the oil tank sits right on top of it in the middle. I'm not sure what the tank looks like in the TN boats. I'm at work right now or I would go out and take pics. If you're still having trouble by the weekend I can get out to the garage and take some.
    Yes, If you don't mind. I'm going to go ahead and buy it, just cant pass it up for the price of a trailer basically. It needs a lot, but I'm retired so I have nothing but time on my hands. Most of the work is just moving everything over form my other boat.
    Thanks

Here's a thread that shows how my gas/oil is. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=976125
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat