Thread: New Run Numbers

New Run Numbers

Went out and made some runs. The runs were with about 30 gallons of fuel and my fishing gear and 225 pro max. Stock 25 trophy ran 79+ bumped the limiter a couple times. Put on my freshly b&b 27 trophy and ran 83+. The trophy ran better than the 29 omc srx which was surprising to me.

2. Member
    Nice!!

3. Member
    How much setback? Prop to pad distance?

4. Member
    14"s of set back and the pad sits 10"s foward of the transome. Props haft 1 3/4 above the pad, coned 200 case.

5. Member
    Thanks. Definitely can’t match that setup with my stock case. I’d say I’d run out of water long before I got that high. I have a coned lower on the 17v.. it’s hanging on a mid 80s black max.. not sure if it will mate to the 95 XRI .. it doesn’t have low water pick ups but the top few intake holes are filled.. any clue if they would mate up?

6. Member
    What boat you running?

7. Member
    F-20

8. Member
    OK, plug the top 2 holes of the water inlets on your lower unit and raise your motor about 1/2 inch for starters. You MIGHT blow out on holeshot just a little but you should gain almost 2mph.

9. Member
    I’m at a 1-1/2 below now. It was way down when I purchased it and it was s handful to drive. When I bought it up ( over 2 “ ) it was much more driver friendly. I’ll give it a run at an inch under with the top two holes plugged as soon as I replace my water pressure gauge . It’s on the fritz .. I have a 25 trophy, and would like to try a 26. I don’t think the 200 xri will turn a 27? Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

10. Member
    Remember these hulls were designed to run with the big dogs and when set up properly they will require driver attention.