Vibrashock replacement

So I am partial to the type of chatterbait where there is a split ring connecting the blade to jig head and it ticking the jig head. My favorite being the KaRu Lures Vibrashock, which you can no longer get to my knowledge. I have tried Nutechs blitz and Delta Lures thunderjig....Also threw a traditional chatterbait from zman and the new booyah. None have the same thump and feel in the rod when I am fishing, I can feel it..... I was throwing my Vibrashock and landing fish, then I tore my skirt so I threw on the other two I mentioned and not a bite, similar black and blue skirts and exact trailer.....Is that picasso shock blade a comparable replacement to vibrashock? Anyone fish these?

It appears the KaRu Vibrashock is still readily available: https://www.karuluresusa.com/vibrashock.html

The Picasso ones have a different type of connection between the blade and head. It's not directly attached, but not a split ring either. Tough to explain until you see it. Phenix has a similar design which is shown pretty clearly in photos on their website.

Most people - and I definitely count myself in this category - really don't seem to like the type that have a split ring to connect blade to the head. Different reasons for that, but the biggest for me is that the split ring seems to require more "start up inertia" to get the blade vibrating, while direct connected blades begin vibrating immediately. I also believe the blade attaching directly to the head makes for more violent blade to head contact, but can't prove that to be the case. The Picasso performs much more like a direct-connected type than a split ring type in my opinion.

It's surprising to me that you found a split ring connected style to work better. Could it be a different blade style, or perhaps that the blade wasn't bent or at least wasn't bent as much? A straight(er) blade, while more temperamental in running true, will thump quite a bit harder in my experience. In any case, there are tons and tons of options out there for split ring connected blades as that's the easiest way to avoid Z-Man's patent. If it's the football head you like, board sponsor North Metro Bass Academy Custom Tackle makes awesome football head bladed jigs. http://nmbacustomtackle.com or pm Steve at username bonebaby0 to order.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    It appears the KaRu Vibrashock is still readily available: https://www.karuluresusa.com/vibrashock.html

The Picasso ones have a different type of connection between the blade and head. It's not directly attached, but not a split ring either. Tough to explain until you see it. Phenix has a similar design which is shown pretty clearly in photos on their website.

Most people - and I definitely count myself in this category - really don't seem to like the type that have a split ring to connect blade to the head. Different reasons for that, but the biggest for me is that the split ring seems to require more "start up inertia" to get the blade vibrating, while direct connected blades begin vibrating immediately. I also believe the blade attaching directly to the head makes for more violent blade to head contact, but can't prove that to be the case. The Picasso performs much more like a direct-connected type than a split ring type in my opinion.

It's surprising to me that you found a split ring connected style to work better. Could it be a different blade style, or perhaps that the blade wasn't bent or at least wasn't bent as much? A straight(er) blade, while more temperamental in running true, will thump quite a bit harder in my experience. In any case, there are tons and tons of options out there for split ring connected blades as that's the easiest way to avoid Z-Man's patent. If it's the football head you like, board sponsor North Metro Bass Academy Custom Tackle makes awesome football head bladed jigs. http://nmbacustomtackle.com or pm Steve at username bonebaby0 to order.
    Yes that is the website, but it hasn't been updated in a while and I tried emailing with no avail, I am nervous to just order it has been a few years.......The picasso I was looking at was these https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Pica...e-PAMSBTN.html and I do see now it is not a true split ring, wonder if the head ticks the blade the same......

Here is the picture of my last KaRu I swapped once I got home with the skirt with another jig after it got ripped off. The blade is flat and you can see it really bangs the jig. it is more of an oval than coffin shape as well. You think it is the blade that makes these so good? The Nutech has their football head and it ticks the blade but just isn't as intense I will check their blade shape when I get home I had some photos on my phone so you can see the shape and head style. Thanks for the info.
    karu1.jpg karu2.jpg karu3.jpg karufish1.jpg karufish2.jpg

4. Member
    Those NMBAC Tackle jigs look good.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCS View Post
    So I am partial to the type of chatterbait where there is a split ring connecting the blade to jig head and it ticking the jig head. My favorite being the KaRu Lures Vibrashock, which you can no longer get to my knowledge. I have tried Nutechs blitz and Delta Lures thunderjig....Also threw a traditional chatterbait from zman and the new booyah. None have the same thump and feel in the rod when I am fishing, I can feel it..... I was throwing my Vibrashock and landing fish, then I tore my skirt so I threw on the other two I mentioned and not a bite, similar black and blue skirts and exact trailer.....Is that picasso shock blade a comparable replacement to vibrashock? Anyone fish these?
    Vibrashocks are available. The owner, nate, posts on these forums. Buzzzzbait88 is his username.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iabass8 View Post
    Vibrashocks are available. The owner, nate, posts on these forums. Buzzzzbait88 is his username.
    Awesome thanks for the help.

7. Member
    Yes I can assure you that the vibrashock is still available and is the same as you have gotten in the past. I can agree with the split ring causing some issues, but with the football head design the blade contacts the head violently and causes it to move back and forth tightly. The size of the split ring and allowing the blade to contact the head at the right time seem to be the biggest factors IMO. With the blade way out in front and no head contact the blade has a long range of motion and is less effective IMO. The website is horribly updated and I've been looking into redoing it, I just need to figure out what software I need to use. In all honesty, I bought this company from the previous owner to mostly have the product for myself, because I liked them so much. The website and profit from them are a nice benefit, but time with my family is more important to me than a hobby business I run, so having a bunch of sponsorships and a fancy website taking up all my time isn't really a priority of mine right now. Thanks for the order though, I'll get your baits out ASAP.
    Last edited by buzzzzbait88; 05-14-2019 at 05:43 PM.

8. Member
    The nutech jigs are decent jigs with good design, but I fully believe that any type of weedgaurd on these baits will act as a keel and severely effect the hunting action of any bladed jig.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzzzbait88 View Post
    Yes I can assure you that the vibrashock is still available and is the same as you have gotten in the past. I can agree with the split ring causing some issues, but with the football head design the blade contacts the head violently and causes it to move back and forth tightly. The size of the split ring and allowing the blade to contact the head at the right time seem to be the biggest factors IMO. With the blade way out in front and no head contact the blade has a long range of motion and is less effective IMO. The website is horribly updated and I've been looking into redoing it, I just need to figure out what software I need to use. In all honesty, I bought this company from the previous owner to mostly have the product for myself, because I liked them so much. The website and profit from them are a nice benefit, but time with my family is more important to me than a hobby business I run, so having a bunch of sponsorships and a fancy website taking up all my time isn't really a priority of mine right now. Thanks for the order though, I'll get your baits out ASAP.
    Really appreciate the reply. I love the product and stand behind it, I can feel the difference of this bait versus other in the rod and see the difference more fish I catch. Got a small order in now and more to come, I know my buddy is itching to get some once he comes back stateside. Sorry about the confusion on the website, I tried emailing you through it and kept not working, I just wanted to make sure before I ordered. I understand 100% about the family.....I'm glad to see you still make these though.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzzzbait88 View Post
    The nutech jigs are decent jigs with good design, but I fully believe that any type of weedgaurd on these baits will act as a keel and severely effect the hunting action of any bladed jig.
    I can say the vibrashock doesn't get hung up all that much or none at all, maybe near small branches but honestly a weed guard is really useless on a bladed jig. My lost baits are due to ME...Shitty knots or not retying.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCS View Post
    Really appreciate the reply. I love the product and stand behind it, I can feel the difference of this bait versus other in the rod and see the difference more fish I catch. Got a small order in now and more to come, I know my buddy is itching to get some once he comes back stateside. Sorry about the confusion on the website, I tried emailing you through it and kept not working, I just wanted to make sure before I ordered. I understand 100% about the family.....I'm glad to see you still make these though.
    I'll check the website out. Not sure exactly why I'm not getting emails from it. I know it's worked in the past.

12. Member
    Blue Terror is a new to me color, getting it done.....here is a comparison on the split ring size to another bladed jig(KaRu on left), this is definitely a larger ring for larger action

karu4.jpg

karu5.jpg

karufish3.jpg