LED’s addition to rub rail

Guys has anyone tried adding LED lights to the rubrail. I have a 2001 coosa that has the rooe in the center of the rail. I have a pretty good idea of what I need to do but thought I would see if anyone else had done this yet. Thanks in advance. Mike

2. Banned
    I put mine below the rub rail...

3. Member
    Yes I have them on mine. 95 viper188d. I cut the rope out where I mounted the lights and wrapped electric tape around the end of rope left in rub rail. I drilled small hole in back of rub rail to feed wiring thru then ran to rocker switches I mounted in dash. They work great.

4. Member
    Got lights installed guys. I just cut the rope where I added light strips and made some small stainless l pieces with a screw hole and put one on each end of the rope to hold it in place. Turned out pretty nice.

5. Member
    Heres what one looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    I did my NAV lights up front. Put the strip inside clear tubing. Used a short piece of cooper tubing on the light end and black heat shrinked it to the rope. Worked great. PM me you cell or email and I will send some pics. I am using it tomorrow.

7. Member
    I have a 2001 Coosa 216 and I'm about to do mine
    I think I will pull the rope out and replace with tubing. Then feed the wires thru the tubing.

Does anyone know what size tubing I need?
    Also I don't want the rubber hose that gets chalky. I want something that will remain looking nice. Any suggestions?

MFbassin' - what brand LEDs are you going with?
    I'm looking into these two brands because they use 5050LEDs. Allot higher output than most companies.

Fishing Vault High Output Ultra Violet UV Black Light LED Light Strip for Bass Boats & Night Fishing - Pack of 4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PP8ZXPL..._meS9CbM0JWP4R

Bright Night Fishing 16ft UV Boat Light Black LED Fluorescent line Glow Ultraviolet 12v Night Fishing Bass https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R1RBV78..._MmS9CbW84AHQW
    Cody Greenwell
    GPS/SONAR/SIDE IMAGING
    Setup Advice & On-the-Water Training

8. Member
    firekracker50
    I installed high output Bluewater LED’s. They are very bright too. I did not use tubing but did remove rooe in the sections I installed lights. The Bluewaters strips are roughly 40” long. Be sure to put something on the ends of the rooe where you cut it so that it doesnt try to fray more or come out of rail. I made some small stainless L shaped pieces and ran a screw through them. So far they have done great.

9. Member
    I would rather not go with Bluewater. I had very bad experience with all my other lighting i had from them.
    It yellowed extremely bad. The cover even hardened. Allot of the LEDs went out. It was ugly looking after just a few years and the light output was low from the amount of LEDs that werent working.
    I pulled most of them off my boat. Only kept the ones that mount to the rod straps. Those are fantastic and i love them.