2019 z 20 water spray?

anybody getting a lot of water spray off the transom at mid range break in speeds? first time on the water my middle passenger ,was soaked after a 30 min run. i have the large humminbird transducer factory mounted on the transom. thanks George

So while your running your getting sprayed from the transom? Had this happen on a ranger the jack plate would scoop water in the waves shoot it straight up to the motor, the splash off the motor would spray me in the passenger seat. It was hot that day so it did feel good.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

No, none at all...
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

4. Banned
    So wait....you’re getting water coming into the boat from the back of the boat while you’re running??? In my 30 years of fishing I’ve never even heard of such thing. Lol. How is that even possible???

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Is your ladder down?

6. Member
    I have owned and opperated high performance bass boats for almost 40 years also. fished out of a lot of buddys boats. I have never seen it either. but its real here.....ya water over the transom at mid range,soaks middle passenger. My first nitro,first merc motor . first big transducer hanging of the back of the boat. I will get it figured out if it not a common problem.i checked here to see if it was common. This seems to be a good source of information. Back out sunday,fish are bitting,well see what happens......ladders up,just checked. thanks again George

I would have an adult lay with his feet in the cockpit, and head on the transom and watch to see the issue. If I turn sharp at say 30 mph the water comes around and hits my blades and sprays water to the back rests. But your going straight?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

8. Member
    ya thought about the adult thing.It happens on straight line run 3 to 4K RPMs. 30 to 40 MPH. not at 25 MPH or50 MPH and faster. I think its the transducer. Trying to contact the dealer.

Ducer, or it could be a Atlas plate, if you have one, if they mount the motor too high on the JP the rods stick below the JP a good amount.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

10. Member
    thanks i will take a look at the jackplate. I bought everything factory installed so as not to have to mess with boat stuff just go fishing. I figured as many boats as these guys sell and rig, Iwould have no issues. Probably easy fix......i know ....no issues buy a canoe .

11. Member
    factory jackplate i.d. slidemaster …...mfg in Texas

12. Member
    Transducer for sure.
    2017 Z18
    175 ProXS
    Dual Poles
    Ultrex
    2 Garmin 93SV+

13. Member
    Im coming from a 20 yr old Triton/225 evinrude to this new nitro/merc. There is a learning curve. I get the spray when trimmed down and plowing water, did not seem like a bad idea at the time,during break in. Im getting used to the faster trim and smaller gauge.

14. Member
    Transducer to low? Jackplate to low, poles and or talon brackets to low. Those would be the first things to check.
    Phil 4:19 2018 Nitro Z19, 200Pro Xs, Lowrance, Minnkota

15. Member
    factory hight on motor . no poles or talons. changed the angle o the transducer , it is much better. fantastic side imaging from transducer to helix 10, I guess that's the trade off of a little spray.

Quote Originally Posted by framer View Post
    factory hight on motor . no poles or talons. changed the angle o the transducer , it is much better. fantastic side imaging from transducer to helix 10, I guess that's the trade off of a little spray.
    I wonder if mounting transducer on a hole shot plate would eliminate the spray problem all together?

2013 Z9 250 Pro XS 1B936712
    <'/////>< Tie one on... The knots for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Firesout View Post
    I wonder if mounting transducer on a hole shot plate would eliminate the spray problem all together?
    It would but would also eliminate any 2d readings at speed. I always ask for the extra in hull ducer for this reason.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team