1991 Stratos 274

Hi all

i just bought a 1991 Stratos 274. Have not even had it in the water yet.

I have a livewell question.

The switch that has the time on it. Like 3 min and 6 min and one more I can’t remember. It’s right beside the blidge pump switch on the left of the dash. What is that timer switch for. Also the bildge pump has a place for dule pumps. Do some come with two pumps? Then the switch’s over by the throttle. One says acc. Is that the live well pump ? And one says aerator.

Can someone explain them to me ?

thanks

do you also have a bow switch? my old 270 setup was complicated! you turned the system on "fish" then the livewell control + timer switches allowed you to run the livewells in on/3/6 or similar and once you were moving spots you flipped the master to "run" and it would pause the system since you were "running". once back down you flipped it back to "fish" to resume. Search the boards someone wrote up an in depth breakdown of 270/274/284 or similar livewell timer setup with all the control position functions.
    -Justin
    2006 Stratos 294 - 200 Merc Optimax

3. Member
    First you need the master switch on, then on my Stratos you need to turn another switch to "fish". The acc switch enables the livewell recurc pump and sometimes the fill pump switches. There may be another panel on the front that turns on the fill pumps on full time or with a timer. There should be two bilge pumps, one automatic, and a switch that turns the other one on if the float switch fails, or to bypass the float switch and run them both at the same time.
    Sometimes the recirculator pumps are timed but not on mine, just the fill pumps.