Lost of color on console and nose of boat on top cap

i have an 08 that I purchased about 6 years ago and could tell it spent some of its life outside. I replaced some trim and compounded and polished the gel coat and it looked great. Got almost all the shine back and trim was nice and black. Ever since boat has been in a garage. Had motor issue last year and boat ended up at shop for 8 months (another story in itself) and unfortunately looks like most of it was out in the elements. I got most of my trim back to acceptable for me levels and the hull back shinning except the console and the nose on the top cap has color faded from its red to a slight pink. I don't think any amount of compound or polishing will fix it. Is a repaint my only option?

2. Member
    Pictures would help.

Have you tried wet sanding the faded red part to see if it is just really bad oxidation?

Need pics to be able to help...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    I'll grab some shots when i get it back from the shop. Thats whats even worse the shop that had it didn't even fix it.

But yes I did try to wet sand it a little . I had to wet sand a few spots and polished again to get some of the oxidation off. May not have wet sanded enough but that scares me.