Some help with Chick in june?

Guys,
    i will be heading to chickamauga the weekend of June 15th. I have a kayak tournament there, where we can launch from any public access point. I was just wondering what to expect that time of year, this is my first year really traveling much out of the state of Indiana, and i am learning wow these river "lakes" fish way different that back home. Any info would be greatly appreciated, as you can only imagine i can not "run and gun" like you can.

I am assuming that they will be in an off shore ledge type stage? but not sure on that, and trying to break down ledges, and figure out what to look for is way new to me! i am trying to do as much homework as possible before i go, so thank you in advance!!

2. Member
    First, I don't know if I would venture very far from my launch ramp (out on the main lake) in June, for fear of getting run over. Chick is a zoo on the weekends during the summer. I would suggest putting in at Sale creek, just down from Dayton, and spending time in there. You can also paddle out to some decent ledge areas and then across to Grasshopper Creek if you want a change of pace. You need a map to see what I am talking about. Between Sale and Grasshopper, there is more than enough area for a 2 day kayak tourney.

3. Member
    Thank you printman, i sent you a PM.

4. Member
    If the grass takes off now that the monsoons are over I wouldn't worry about the ledges, especially if you don't have 2-3 days to practice beforehand. The ledges will offer up more bites but the offshore spots that hold the fish that win tournaments take alot of time or dumb luck to find.
    There's always a shallow bite on chick but once the grass gets up 2-3' off the bottom the bait and bass will pull up in to it, including the threadfin and big gizzard shad the big girls like to snack on.