Banned

Nutbush Bridge Elevation

I know the current levels on Kerr are too high to get under Nutbush bridge but I was wondering if anyone knew what the actual bottom elevation of the bridge is, can't find anything on the web.

2. Member
    301.78 as of now. i think you should be able to get under it with seats off.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    I know the current levels on Kerr are too high to get under Nutbush bridge but I was wondering if anyone knew what the actual bottom elevation of the bridge is, can't find anything on the web.
    I have never heard of the bottom elevation. The middle beam is lower than outers. As far as going under , clearly depends on the boat. A 360 ranger will go when a 520 won't, at least not without serious adjustments

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark1 View Post
    301.78 as of now. i think you should be able to get under it with seats off.
    I did find that the road top elevation is around 306, so at a lake elevation of 301.78 yesterday and 302 today I don't think you could get under it.

i was there last week at 301.75 and there was precisely 24" of clearance...a jon boat with removable motor would be only chance of access...( there are some guys who will do that)...
    i'd be willing to make an educated guess as the bottom of bridge clearance elevation is 303.5-304...

glad to see that pretty bullet is on the road again! i bet you had dust all in that sucker!
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

6. Member
    Dumfries, Va./ Kerr-Buggs Island, Boydton Va.
    Just pull the plug and remove the cowling and go for it.

7. Member
    I watched a small bass boat go under during the cbc tournament on the 4th.

I have pulled the cowl, laid on the deck and pulled the boat thru by hand to get under a bridge on Kerr (not Nutbush)... almost pulled the plug once too. I also almost went OVER one of those bridges one day too with really high water... if the guardrail wasnt there it would have been possible haha

I forget exactly what water level you could get under but the info above sounds right.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by low slung cruiser View Post
    i was there last week at 301.75 and there was precisely 24" of clearance...a jon boat with removable motor would be only chance of access...( there are some guys who will do that)...
    i'd be willing to make an educated guess as the bottom of bridge clearance elevation is 303.5-304...

glad to see that pretty bullet is on the road again! i bet you had dust all in that sucker!
    Yes, finally, spent the whole day last Saturday cleaning it, pollen everywhere!