Barren River Help Needed

I am going to be at Barren River Lake for the first time ever this Saturday for a small club tournament...we decided to travel to a few different lakes this year to change it up some. We are launching from Walnut Creek ramp. If you wouldn't mind giving up some general information to help (no practice), it would be greatly appreciated. Lake levels, temp, water color, good area of the lake close to that ramp, colors of baits that work well on the lake, etc.

Thanks in advance.

2. Banned
    Imo, that area could be on fire. The water has been so high and terrible fishing this spring, I think a person could stumble on something big.

That goes for all the tributaries though, colors is pretty much whatever you like. Black and blue or green pumpkin standards and you are gtg. Not spent much time on it but crigs. Are always a good bet to start with.

3. Member
    1/4 mile from that ramp is Walnut Creek. Not knowing the lake I’d drop my trolling motor on the rip rap by the bridge & start by taking advantage of the shad spawning on those rocks. Pop R or square bill would be my choice. I’d spend the rest of the day flipping a beaver or lizard around brush. Standard colors. Grn pumpkin, black/blue or June bug. A lot of biggins live there.

4. Member
    Fished it Saturday. Water was high 60’s to low 70’s. Took 16lbs to win our club tournament. From who I talked to, fish were scattered and caught on everything imaginable (topwater, Spinnerbaits, crankbaits, finesse plastics, flipping, football jigs).

5. Member
    Just an FYI, Barren River Fishing League will also be fishing. 80 boats or so out of Port Oliver. Lake is still up but coming down half a foot a day for the last few weeks. Keep it simple as other have said and just go fishing. Lots of good areas around where you are launching, no reason to make any type of run to different areas.

Water level: http://www.lrl-wc.usace.army.mil/reports/lkreport.html
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

6. Member
    Thank you all for the information...much appreciated!