Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Trilene knot for line to lure.
    J knot for leader.

Never have any issues at knot. Biggest thing is to wet knot and slowly tighten.

To lures and most hooks - 7 turn improved clinch. To flipping hooks - snell. For braid to leader - uni uni. I’ve never had a uni uni knot break. I use braid to flouro on 10 different outfits (BC and spinning) and have never had a knot failure after it is pulled tight and trimmed.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    This season, I've forced myself to switch from the alberto to the FG knot and I've had great results. The FG can be frustrating at times, but it holds awesome and goes through guides better. As for a fluorocarbon main knot, I've had bad luck with the palomar and use the knot that Swindle and Zona have both done videos on. Zona calls it the shark knot. It's like a double clinch knot. Double the line through the eye, twist 5 times, pass the line back through the main loop, cinch down. Trim the loop and tag end.

+1 on this

4. Member
    Fwiw, I've found that certain line brands are better at holding different knots than others. I use P-line fluorocarbon (not affiliated with the company in anyway) and I also use a palomar knot. I am very careful to ensure I don't twist the line over itself when tying. I've never had a knot failure with this line and this knot (I also wet the heck out of it before i pull it tight). For braid to flouro leader, I use an alberto knot. I've tried the uni knot, and a host of other knots but keep coming back to the alberto. I can't remember the last time an alberto knot failed me.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    This season, I've forced myself to switch from the alberto to the FG knot and I've had great results. The FG can be frustrating at times, but it holds awesome and goes through guides better. As for a fluorocarbon main knot, I've had bad luck with the palomar and use the knot that Swindle and Zona have both done videos on. Zona calls it the shark knot. It's like a double clinch knot. Double the line through the eye, twist 5 times, pass the line back through the main loop, cinch down. Trim the loop and tag end.

No tension technique FG knot (i thnk tackleadvisors has the video) for leaders and then either this or the Shaw Grigsby knot which is basically the same difference.

6. Banned
    Shaw Grigsby knot
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I905PXIYww

No Tension FG knot. its a 3 parter so id watch all 3 at least once.

I use a Palomar on FC to lure (Sunline FC Sniper)
    just started to use braid as my main line with a FC leader and have been using a Uni to Uni but don't care for how it goes through the guides. think its costing me some distance on casts. so going to try the FG knot for braid to leader if I can figure out how to tie it

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I use a Palomar on FC to lure (Sunline FC Sniper)
    just started to use braid as my main line with a FC leader and have been using a Uni to Uni but don't care for how it goes through the guides. think its costing me some distance on casts. so going to try the FG knot for braid to leader if I can figure out how to tie it
    try shin fukae's modified leader knot (easy Google search for video). Easy to tie even on the boat, smaller than uni to uni, and i have been very impressed by strength. I broke a lot of uni to uni before changing.
    1998 Tr-21, 2001 Yamaha 225 OX66

Been using the improved clinch for years. Tried several others but keep going back to the improved clinch. It's the knot I've got the most confidence in and I can tie it with my eyes closed.
    USMC Vet!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12